One week on MFP

Options
After one week of MFP's controlled eating calorie plan plus my 25 min exercises, I am down 8 pounds =) I will post up a before and after pic in 3 months (December). Weight before MFP 216, one week after 208, goal weight 180! So excited for my second week weigh in which is in 4 days!

-Anthony

Replies

• Shannota
    Shannota Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Don't freak if your weight loss slows down (or you even have a slight gain). A lot of the initial loss is water weight, so if the loss slows down, you are not doing anything wrong...it is normal. Sorry if that sounds preachy. I've just seen a lot of people freak out and quit when they were doing just fine and needed to stick with it. I hope your journey is terrific! :smile:
  • Fat2FitProject
    Options
    hahaha yes I know, I have lost 60 pounds before but then I got unmotivated so now I am using MFP as my new motivator so I know all about water weight =)
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    congrats !
  • Fat2FitProject
    Options
    thank you! a community like this is great to go to for motivation
  • Angiehankins77
    Options
    Great job! Im on day 2, back on the wagon, so congrats!!!
  • katsmeow42404
    Options
    whooo hoo way to go!!! I too dropped off the wagon and forgot how much I LOVE MFP!!!
    Keep up the great work!!
  • Fat2FitProject
    Options
    this community is so great! so motivated now =)
  • PennyLane1114
    PennyLane1114 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That's awesome progress so far! You can do it! Always stay positive & patient :)
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    wow, very nice!
    it was funny, when I read your post, I thought, "8 pounds??!! Must be a guy", and then I saw your name. :) (men lose faster)
  • Fat2FitProject
    Options
    hahaha yes while it is true that guys lose somewhat faster, it is also true that to lose that fast, the guy have to be super motivated =D
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    wow, very nice!
    it was funny, when I read your post, I thought, "8 pounds??!! Must be a guy", and then I saw your name. :) (men lose faster)

the OP * is * a guy...
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Weight loss drops fast at first.

Your body loses weight in chunks, not linear. I have found that you can do everything right and your weight loss seems to plateau but you are patient and keep exercising and eating at a deficit (however slight) you will lose it, it will suddenly "whoosh". There are so many variables for the scale though: water retention, digestion, allergies, sodium, carbs, water intake, DOMS, inflammation, the list goes on. People mistakenly think they lose weight when they eat more because of these fluctuations.

If you have a lot of body fat reserves you would be surprised at how little you can eat (unless you have emotional eating issues or disorders). The leaner you get the less your body has to draw from and then you have to taper up your calories. There is no such thing as starvation mode for women over 12% body fat or men over 6% body fat. I am a living breathing example of that. I went from obese to now under 12% BF and I've maintained for one year and built muscle the whole time. You don't BUILD muscle in starvation mode, so I proved everyone wrong. You can read my story on bobbies fitness.
  • Fat2FitProject
    Options
    Yes I have seen that happen to me many times in the past and I have learned from my mistakes. I have lost over 60 pounds w/o MFP before but now it seems like I need it to motivate me more. I learned from all my past experience and will never make them again!
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    wow, very nice!

the OP * is * a guy...

I know... hence the words, "and then I saw your name".
    :)
  • Fat2FitProject
    Options
    Wow... so as I was going through my family photo stash for "before" pics, I barely see any of me. Wow I must have really hated cameras... Need to change that once I become fit!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!