A short girl and I can't lose the last 10lb I want...

Options
I'm a shorty at 5'1". I came here when I hit about 116 pounds because I had never gone over 115 and being at 116 marked the point where I gained exactly 10lb from my best weight last year. I'm now at 111lb so I have lost a bit but now I'm stuck, hovering around 110. Does anyone else have this problem? My new goal is to be 100lb. I'm really discouraged because I have been working at this but it seems like I'm stuck.

Replies

• DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    The last ten are always the hardest to lose. I've been on my last ten since April. I just started the 30 Day Shred a week ago, and I'm already over 2 pounds down. I suggest trying it.
  • DetroitKilljoy
    Options
    bump
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Maybe your body likes being at 110. It's in the lower range of "healthy" for your height.
  • BandForAlyAnne
    BandForAlyAnne Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Maybe your body likes being at 110. It's in the lower range of "healthy" for your height.

ditto
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I agree with the "maybe your body likes it." Have you changed your habits drastically? Many women don't realize you go through further hormonal changes in your late teens/early 20s. Hence why girls that were thin or "girlish" in high school can suddenly sprout hips, breasts, change in eyesight, etc. I see you're 18--it's possible this is hormonal weight, and it's not unhealthy: you're just still developing.
  • MerBear30
    MerBear30 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Do you know what your body fat percentage is? Instead of focusing on the last ten pounds try to focus on how tone and tight your muscles and body are. A good website to visit is http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools. They have calculators and tools to show you your body fat percentage and how many calories you should be eating, etc. 30 day Shred is a great work out video. It will definitely help you gain muscle and feel good about yourself. I'd suggest trying that, too.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    try walking in addition to yur normal wrkout......30-60 mins
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I'm with firstsip's response. At 5'0" and now I'm 25 AND have had a baby, my body is still constantly changing. I haven't gotten the wider hips as most moms do (I'm assuming because of my age?) but even at the weight i'm at now (118) my body looks different than when I was 118 when I was younger.

100lb is not necessarily the healthiest weight for girls our height. Start rockin' the feminity! :)
  • DetroitKilljoy
    Options
    I just want to lose this belly pudge though! :b Yes, I am pretty young though. I haven't change much in the last 4 years though. My breasts definitely won't get any bigger (they are already at a 32D) and my hips are pretty balanced with my breasts. They have stayed that way since I was 14-15. I also haven't grown any taller. I figure it is about right that I try to loss the fat cover on my stomach then work on muscle tone. I also want to try to shrink my breasts and hips. They will cause me back problems when I get older and they are a hassle (not only price wise when it comes to finding that bra size but just exercising with them in general).

After hearing what you guys have said, maybe I only want to aim to be 105. A little smaller than I was before, but I will also work on my muscle tone and inches instead of pounds. How hard do you think it will be to do that?
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    As you know, you can't shrink just one part of your body :) I totally wish though!

I don't know what kind of foods you're eating, but if your problem is your stomach, your food has to be *very* disciplined. If you want it flat, disciplined. Want it toned and lean? More disciplined. The abdominals are weak little idiots. If you ignore them by not exercising them frequently, they disappear very quickly unlike your quads and whatnot. Make sure you do a lot of exercises that focus on ALL of your abdominals (top, bottom, sides, transverse, etc). Then make sure you eat clean. Veggies, fruits,... veggies some more and stay away from breads.

My breasts and hips both changed after age 24 :) I imagine I will change some more in my early 30's as well.