To detox or not to detox, that is the qn!

Options
Ok, so the real question may be a little more complicated than just whether I should or shouldn't.

I want to know your experiences with detox systems.
What detox systems you used? ('chemist'/natural/other)
If you think detoxes aren't worth it, why aren't they?

I'm looking at the Blackmores Kickstart Detox online right now, has anyone tried it?

Replies

• jazthin
    jazthin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well i have tried Epsom salt, you just pour it in what your drinking, and later, their you go, going back and forth the restroom. I feel that its worth it, I usually fill very light afterwards.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    If you have functioning organs, that's your detox. Save your time and money.
  • misskittyvyxen
    Options
    I am not 100% sure how well my organs are functioning, aside from being overweight I am also a recovering addict from many vices. I recently gave up smoking, I quit the drugs 2 years ago, and I quit drinking 9 months ago. I do have age on my side I guess (I'm 25) so I should be right, right?
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I know people who have done detoxes for medical reasons and if you are doing a serious detox I recommend doing a professionally supervised one. My cousin does fasting to control an autoimmune disease she has, but she doesn't do it for dieting purposes.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, nothing is as effective as time and consistency. You will be better off simply eating a healthful diet with lean proteins, healthy fats, lots of fruits and veggies, and some grains if you choose. There's not a detox out there that works as effectively as your body's own natural "detox" and "restorative" processes. Even if you've mistreated your body, it's a beautifully designed/evolved life form and it probably can and will repair itself if you start taking care of it now.

A detox is usually herbal or chemical. Often it's a very extreme low calorie dietary plan that you follow for X number of days. Frankly, it probably places more stress on your body than not detoxing would... some people swear they feel better after a detox and maybe so, but I think the "feel better" bit is just mental. There's nothing wrong with mental... but... why spend the money?