Ranch dressing with Greek yogurt

fypspirit
fypspirit Posts: 109 Member
Does anyone have the recipe for this. So it posted somewhere and would really like to try it.

Replies

• jennifershirsch
    jennifershirsch Posts: 27 Member
    Bump. Would like to know also.
  • I tried making it with plain greek yogurt and adding a packet of ranch mix, but I was not a fan of the flavor. Not sure if it was because of the store brand ranch mix (not Hidden Valley!) or the bitterness of the greek yogurt. Usually, I enjoy all of the flavored greek yogurt and don't notice any bitterness.
  • rhondawparker
    rhondawparker Posts: 26 Member
    Don't have a recipe, but I have found a great Yogurt Ranch Dressing made by Bolthouse in the produce section of Kroger. Two tablespoons only 45 calories!
  • Cindyearl
    Cindyearl Posts: 2 Member
    Healthy Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing
    Makes about 1 cup
    Total Time: 5 minutes

• 6 oz (1 small container) non-fat plain Greek yogurt
    • 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar (sub any type vinegar)
    • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
    • 1 teaspoon water
    • ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
    • ½ teaspoon low-fat mayonnaise
    • 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    • ½ teaspoon salt
    • 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
    • 2 teaspoons dried parsley
    • 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan

Combine all ingredients and chill before serving.
  • Sometimes its worth working out longer to make up for a good salad dressing!
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    I use fage brand 2% plain Greek yogurt the 2 cup container, add a packet of hidden valley ranch original dry mix and about a 1/4 cup of light miracle whip. stir it all up and use for dipping the veggies.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    1. Drive to store
    2. Buy Bolthouse Farms Creamy Ranch Yogurt Dressing
    3. Consume tasty dressing.

Only 45 calories for a 2 tablespoon serving. Sodium is a little high (220mg per serving or something like that), but not out of bed from any other ranch dressing.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Why everything with "Greek Yogurt?" Wouldn't low fat/light sour cream be a better choice, calorie and taste wise...also, since you won't use much ranch dressing the protein will not factor in. Just saying.
  • LikesVeges
    LikesVeges Posts: 42 Member
    Greek yogurt is so creamy and lovely.
  • GoddessJuliya
    GoddessJuliya Posts: 49 Member
    ~Here's my recipe, I copied it from Ellie Kreiger.com & just tweaked it a little -

~Goddess Juliya's light Ranch dressing:
    makes 2 cups@ 16 one ounce servings
    Prep time : not sure

Ingredients:

Garelick Farms - Cultured Lowfat Butter Milk, 0.75 cup
    Cabot - Greek Low Fat Plain Yogurt, 0.75 cup
    Kraft - Miracle Whip Light, 6 tbsp (15g)
    Concord Foods - Reconstituted Lemon Juice, 3 tsp
    Price Chopper - Dijon Mustard, 2 tsp
    5th Season - Onion Powder, 1 tsp
    Garlic - Raw - 1 Clove (1 Tsp, 3g), 1 clove
    Chives - Raw, 2 tbsp chopped

Directions: stir all ingredients together and chill.

Totals (whole recipe): 322 calories; 33 carbs; 10 fat grams; 24 sugar grams; 1367 sodium; 58 cholesterol
    Per Serving (2 Tbsp): 20 calories; 2 carbs; 1fat gram; 2 sugar grams; 85g sodium; 4g cholesterol

~Hope you enjoy this plus if you want the prep time & more accurate directions, you can always go to eliiekreiger.com & type light Ranch dressing in the search feature. ~Goddess J :happy:
  • bump
  • brismom070897
    brismom070897 Posts: 178 Member
    I use 4 oz of plain greek yogurt and 4 oz of reduced fat or ff mayo in place of the 8 oz of mayo and about 6 oz of ff buttermilk and mix it with the one pk of buttermilk ranch dry pack. I find if i use the entire 8 oz of liquid, it's too runny.
  • Sometimes its worth working out longer to make up for a good salad dressing!

^^^
    Amen!
  • http://pinterest.com/enlinehair/healthy-recipes/

This ranch has more tangy taste- but I do like it......

This whole jar of ranch is only 1.75 grams of fat and 255 calories! 1 cup dannon oikos plain greek yogurt, 1 packet hidden valley ranch mix, 1/2 cup 1% milk. Whisk together, chill 1 hour before use. Perfect consistency and tastes better than bottled!
  • You guys know there is CALORIE FREE ranch dressing and other dressings from Walden Farms right?
    Tastes good, and you don't have to make it yourself. Rasonable price too.

http://www4.netrition.com/waldenfarms_salad_dressing_page.html
  • mdittok1
    mdittok1 Posts: 1
    If you compare low fat sour cream to non-fat Greek yogurt there is a huge difference in calories and fat. You can have a cup of nonfat Greek yogurt for 130 calories and 24g of protein. Depending on the low fat sour cream the calorie count can be upwards do 240 calorie and 6 grams of protein for a cup. Of course it will vary slightly by brand but this is why people say to use the yogurt over the cream. I use non-fat plain Greek yogurt and Hidden Valley packet to get my craving for ranch when needed.
  • bluemoon551
    bluemoon551 Posts: 35 Member
    Don't have a recipe, but I have found a great Yogurt Ranch Dressing made by Bolthouse in the produce section of Kroger. Two tablespoons only 45 calories!
    I make my own with light buttermilk. 4 tablespoons is about 35 calories.
  • I mix Greek yogurt with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, dried dill and dried parsley. A splash of lemon or lime juice too. It's gorgeous and 3.5 oz (100ml) of Fage Greek Yogurt 0% Fat is only 57 kcal. I've tried the calorie-free one from Walden Farms but it's disgusting!!