Sautee your veggies!

Options
Vx3_
Vx3_ Posts: 102 Member
I would like to add more stuff, but I don't know what. Usually I use extra virgin olive oil, and garlic. What do you use?

Replies

• ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I like to sprinkle some chopped, toaste nuts or sesame seeds on top.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I love some buttermilk to make a awesome sauce. 1/2 or 1/4 cup added after the veggies get a nice browning on em. mmmmm.
  • mom2sons02
    mom2sons02 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Grate fresh ginger on top when finished cooking or sqeeze some lemon or lime juice.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Add some ground cumin. It makes them taste great and the flavor is intensified if you have to eat them as leftovers!
  • BeantownSooner
    Options
    I keep coconut and toasted sesame oil on hand. Simple but it does change the flavor of the saute. Also check out a product called Bragg's Liquid Aminos. You can find in most Whole Foods type stores and in the whole foods section of your grocery store. 16 essential amino acids, 0 calorie, 0 fat and since it's organic only natural amounts of sodium. Tastes very much like Soy Sauce.
  • asnitchler
    Options
    Balsamic vinegar is my new best friend.
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    i like fennel and red pepper flakes
  • sandiburn
    Options
    I LOVE the McCormick. grill mates steak seasoning on my veggies. It is sooooo good. And I use a little fat free butter. :love:
  • dbevisjr
    Options
    Basil, marjoram, rosemary, thyme and oregano along with your garlic will make some veggies very tasty.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    vinegar+touch of sesame oil+soy+sesame seeds

delisssshh
  • shgreenw
    shgreenw Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Sautee, add a little chicken broth and a triangle of Laughing Cow cream cheese. It is so yummy and even my kids will lick their plates!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    onion, garlic, zuchinni, and other squashes, mushrooms, fennel and a small bit of bacon mmmmmm so good and goes great with anything.
  • bubblicious84
    bubblicious84 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Sauteed green beans and mushrooms with toasted, sliced almonds!
  • mehaffeymk
    mehaffeymk Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    bump! im out of ideas too!
  • Cameo530
    Cameo530 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Fresh cilantro after you take them off the heat. Mmmmmm, cilantro makes EVERYthing better.
  • Takarameri
    Takarameri Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Lemon or lime juice for just a touch more flavor.

I also like to use Jhalfrezi sauce or other curry type sauces to sautee vegetables in.
  • NuclearMosquito
    NuclearMosquito Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I saute mine in just enough veggie broth to keep them from sticking, no oil. My standard sauce is a splash of soy sauce, sriracha to taste, ginger, garlic, mirin, rice wine vinegar, and lemon/lime/orange juice (whatever I have on hand).

I recently tried a sauce containing mustard (I only had honey mustard), a splash of soy sauce, garlic and lemon juice, and it was delicious! That one I thinned with more stock.

One sauce I used to do was essentially a white gravy base (veg oil/butter, flour and milk/non-dairy milk) flavored with lots of garlic and a small amout of shredded cheese (I liked gruyere or smoked mozzarella). It isn't the healthiest of sauces (probably why I don't make it any more!) , but you only need a little bit on some green beans to make a great side.
  • Aventuria
    Options
    roasted pine nuts are yummy on veggies as well!