Anyone work out using Lesile Sansone videos

Options
I have been using her videos doing a 1 mile walk equal to about 15 minutes. I am so out of shape because15 minutes and I am exhausted, any suggestions on how I can at least get my workouts too 45min-1hr without being so pooped out???? Note this is my first time exercising in years.....

Replies

• JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Keep at it and increase a little bit at a time, you'll get there before you know it.
  • mochalishious
    mochalishious Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie. I was the same way when I started. Eventually I moved up to 2 miles. Patience is the key. You will get there
  • BEWILLIAMS001
    Options
    Thanks so much...I appreciate the support :)
  • kbmiller1
    kbmiller1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Leslie was the first and most important step in my weight loss! Keep it up! I started with her 1 mile, then 2, then 3, then added the bands and stuff--just keep going! Browse around, some of her workouts are slower than others so that might help, too. You can always modify things at first and not put your arms up, etc.

There are also different versions of her mile counters and/or timers. You could experiment and see which ones you like the best. Check your library for different versions of her DVDs to see what you like best before you buy.

I graduated to Jillian Michaels thanks to Leslie.

Congratulations on getting started and hang in there!
  • Angiehankins77
    Options
    Love leslie videos! Just add 5 more minutes every couple of days...thanks to her i lost about 15 pounds. Keep it up!
  • NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I really like the Leslie Sansone walking workout videos.

They definitely vary... some seem much harder than others.

I also like the suggestion to add 5 minutes at a time when you feel up to it.

There are times when I started that I could only do a portion of the video. Most days when I do it now, I can do a whole 5 miles in an hour if I have time.
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Keep at it. As you keep going you will be able to go longer. I love her walking video's especially in the Winter months. I hate going to the gym and coming out sweaty in the freezing cold.
  • di2losew8
    di2losew8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yes Leslie Sansone is a great way to get your walking in with a few added steps along the way. I started years ago with one mile. believe me if you keep at it it gets easier. You can get the Five Fast mi. dvd and do just one mile…she divides them up and then when you feel up to it move up to the 2nd mi. You will get there eventually.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    i am not sure how long after I started that I was able to complete a Leslie Video. I know it was quite awhile. The most important thing is that you are Consistent, and doing the moves correctly (Proper Form is not really an issue with Leslie, LOL)
    Keep doing what you can, and you will gradually get better, stronger, and have more Endurance.
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I love her videos!! I started out with these too and like you had a hard time getting through mile 1 the first 2 weeks.
    By week 2 or 3 I was up to 2 miles .. keep going .. you'll get there!
  • nuffexercise2012
    Options
    Love Lesile, I'm now on the 5 mile.........................go at your own pace, even if you have to pause or stop the disc just keep at it..before you know 45 minutes will fly by and adding another mile to your walk....