If every day were like today, you'd weigh X in 5 weeks...

Options
Does this actually WORK for anyone?

Replies

• adubyou
    adubyou Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Haha, I've just noticed this feature myself. I found it quite amusing... I guess it's something to reach for.

Although, each day I've been doing it, it's about 10 pounds LESS each consecutive day. Weird, right?
  • jothekid
    jothekid Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    ask me in 5 weeks :laugh:
  • I'm new, and it's my goal to find out. I made a chart to see if the predictions are accurate. The problem is everyday is a different prediction based on my calorie intake. Some days when I work out for more than two hours I eat more. The prediction is always higher on those days. I will keep you posted. I've only been on here two and a half weeks now. In three weeks I will have my answer about the first five week prediction.
  • meechi53
    meechi53 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Never worked for me I wish it had I'd be at goal plus more gone.
  • xoyasminxo
    Options
    I don't think anyone could eat the exact same thing every meal, every day for five straight weeks to find out. Some days li says I would gain weight if I did and other days I would be a toothpick. I do like the feature though.
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's been right on track for me so far ... but Im only 65 days in
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    A couple weeks ago I weighed exactly what it said I would weigh in 5 weeks. Otherwise, no.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    i don't eat and exercise the exact same every day...so no. but its fun to look at
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    ask me in 5 weeks :laugh:

LOL Right!
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    Not accurate as far as I can tell. Each day changes based on the type of foods you eat and exercise routine. If you go over calories that changes it too. Best indication is the scales and measurements.
  • naples89
    naples89 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Unless you eat the exact same amount of calories each day its not supposed to be accurate. Its just a fun little addon.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,408 Member
    Options

Maybe in a Hallmark World .... (as in the practically perfect world of Hallmark cards and made-for-tv movies)
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Nope, it's never worked for me.
  • iwork4pepsi
    Options
    No, never has really been accurate, but I'm glad it's there on some days. I do see the number's as motivation on those days where it's been a little challenging staying within my calorie limit. Most of the time, it's just a number though, just like the numbers on the scale every morning. :)
  • karrinh
    Options
    works really well - I track calories, protein, carbs, sodium, fat and sugar. If you keep under or around all your goals - (i.e. even if your calories are good to go, it won't be a fair indication if you are way over on sodium or sugar etc... ) - it has been pretty accurate for me over the past couple of months.:happy:
  • Krista_1
    Krista_1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I feel like I am being lead on with this phrase, "If every day were like today, you'd weigh X in 5 weeks." The 40+ days I have been on MFP, I have consistently been under goal, I'd say an average of 100 or so calories. I were a Heart Rate Monitor, so I know the calories burned are not being overstated. I've been told by that little LIE at the bottom of my screen that's I'd be anywhere from between 136 and 130 in 5 weeks, with no movement on the scale. I have lost a lot of inches with all the exercise, but it's such a tease!
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I keep track of it just for fun...it is actually 3 pounds off today.
  • alexandrajane84
    alexandrajane84 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I havent stuck with this long enough to find out but I do find it motivation...
    Always love just putting my morning work out into it and then seeing what it says if i didnt eat at all... Not helpful but interesting none the less!
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Nope. 4 months down the road and not at that weight, had to change the goal bc I cant possibly reduce pounds anymore. BUT...I am at the size. Dont depend on weight....measure instead.
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options

I guess the only way you'll know is if you eat exactly the same and exercise exactly the same constantly for 5 weeks.

I am assuming it is rather accurate... I use it as great motivation :)