Relapse - Eating disorder.

Options
So,

I'm on this site to make sure i eat a higher amount of Calories, I know myfitnesspal is used for weight loss but it also helps me.

but anyway, Recently ive gone through a relapse with my Anorexia, I've gone from 200 Cal a day and gaining a few kgs

to losing %20 of my body-weight and only eating between nothing and 70 calories. I'm not even trying too to do this,

I lost my hunger and feeling to need food. I've lost all motivation to continue recovery and ive just fallen into such a hard place.

Any advice or tips on helping to motivate myself to eat? Easier ways of slowly eating more food as my stomach isn't used to large meals ? :)

Thank you guys! (Yes, i am under professional help and care btw.)

Replies

• abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you're struggling right now. Maybe try something like an Ensure drink to help at least get some of your nutrition in during the day? Have you told your Dr you're struggling? He/she may have better suggestions :)
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    almonds and peanuts perhaps? Light snacks with huge amounts of calories.
  • farroz
    farroz Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I say fruits they are high in calories yet you feel healthy eating them at least to start. You will of course need protien and vegtables to really be healthy. Keep trying though even though you have had a relapse dont mean you cant start again the next day or the next hour. Just keep trying. I wish I had magic words to help you out, I hate to see people struggle. Just know we are here for your successes and failures.
  • mad4beinhere
    mad4beinhere Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Your 19 and a growing girl, why would you want to be only 45kg thats a childs weight.
    Your photo shows your a beautiful girl............ and you should love yourself for how you are.
    If you think your mirror lies then cover it up and dont look.
    Sounds like your on the right track talking to a professional.
    The suns out and its a wonderful day, A protein shake with a fruit you love mayhelp, banana, kiwi fruit, berries.

Hope your feeling better shortly :smile:
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I am not sure this is the appropriate site for you. perhaps a medical professional could suggest a better site. I know I am not one to give advice or support to one with a disease. Wish I could be helpful.
  • bullisnn82
    Options
    try drinking something like Ensure - I used to be a CNA and when we had a patient that wasn't eating (especially with a wound that needed healing) that's usually what they would give them, that or Boost. It's NOT a long term solution, but it is a lot of dense calories that you should be able to incorporate with less difficulty than actually eating. I know how it feels when it seems like food turns to ash in your mouth and you can barely swollow it, even though you know that you should/ need to eat something. Often times drinking is easier to force yourself into. The core of the issue, however is the feeling of not being loved - that's truly where you need to start. (hint: God is love) Take care of yourself.
  • Cherp18
    Cherp18 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're struggling right now. Eating anything at all would be good whether it's 'real' food or 'junk' food. Whatever you can manage. Take care & wishing you well :)
  • jessiecoody
    jessiecoody Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    According to your profile it seems like your goal is to lose more weight so I feel like this is a mixed message. It might be wise to do what these others said and speak to whoever your doctor is for some professional advice. Being as thin as you are now and fighting anorexia, being on a dieting site with goals of losing more weight isn't a good way to prevent relapse.
  • jessicataylor2
    Options
    I know how you feel. I struggle with it a lot, but I can usually convince myself that I need to do the right thing for my body. Especially since if I don't it will kill my metabolism. The best things to try to ease in would probably be protein/nutrition shakes and soups. Also, keep almonds or cheese sticks on hand and try to eat some between meals. And when you're really having a hard time, at least try to get some fruit and veggies into your system. But really try some of the other options in order to get protein, your body needs it for your muscles.
  • SkyPixie
    Options
    I went through this at about the same age you are now so firstly I am sending you a big hug because I know what its like and how hard it is and I am really glad that you are getting professional help. Hopefully they will help you understand why you want to be so thin as it was only when I understood that that I was able to get better, if it will help I am happy to share my story with you by PM.

Second as someone else suggested try the shakes that they recommend for people recovering from illness have , unlike a protein shake these are fortified with all sorts of vitamins and nutrients that your body will need as it recovers, don't worry if you can't manage a whole serving when I started it took me all day to manage one I had to break it down into tiny portions as my tummy had shrunk and it couldn't manage big quantities. Every day you will manage a little more and it will be less of an effort.
    In the UK its called Complan or Build Up

Try and find some positive role models not uber skinny people .. skinny is not always healthy (unless you happen to be made that way and ok some people are but not many) but there are lots of gorgeous fit and health people out there to aspire to personally if I could manage to look like Kelly Brooke I would be over joyed and she isn't skinny.

Don't worry too much that you had a relapse so long as you are getting professional care I had so many I lost count but I am still here and now old enough to be your mom now so it proves if you want to get better you will.

Please be kind to yourself and take your time with this .. it will work for you I am sure xx
  • glitt3rgurl
    Options
    I would say drink a homemade smoothie! I make a smoothie i call the Green Monster but is DELISH!!! My hubby even loves it : 1 scoop whey protein, handful blueberries, 1 T flaxseed powder, 1/2 cup Spinach,1/2 cup vanilla or plain yogurt! BTW,,,1 T peanut butter will also give you the calories you want! Also there is a website called Patientslikeme.com. You can also sign up for free and talk other people with this type of illness! Its great for support ! <3
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You recognised and admitted that you are relapsing and this is a good thing.
    But, because you are relapsing, I suggest that you speak with your doctor, to make sure that you stop the relaps before it gets too difficult to do it.

I am not 100% sure that counting calories and logging food is a good thing in your case, I think it may encourage obsessive behavior.

However, ff you feel like you do need it to maintain control and get better, then why don't you set your calories goal a bit higher every day and do your very best to reach the goal that you have set?

A big hug!