I'm in Woman's World this week!

Options
Back in May they contacted a low carb site asking for people they could interview that had lost over 100 pounds and the site owner pointed them to me. It was a long crazy process, but in a few hours "my" magazine will hit the shelves. Someone on FB contacted me saying she has it already.

It's dated Sept 17 and will be on sale from Sept 6th-12th according to the email I got. I haven't seen it yet so I couldn't tell you what the cover looks like.

Anyways, it's about how I lost 140 pounds eating low carb and working out inspired by my son with cerebral palsy. (That cute guy in my ticker pic)

Just wanted to share. :)

Replies

• bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I looked for it tonight, but didn't see it at my store yet. I'm looking forward to reading!
  • cuteazz1
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! Im a BIG fan of the Low Carb Way Of Life!!!!!!!! Are u on LCF?
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    No, I'm not on LCF. I keep hearing about it though, so I should check it out. Thanks for the reminder.
  • fuselighter
    fuselighter Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am considering low carb and I will look for the magazine.
  • gypsybree
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations!
  • SavedDEEva
    SavedDEEva Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! So proud of you! Can"t wait to see you in the magazine!!! I've always wanted to be a part of their diet studies...how do you sign up, and what determines if you get chosen to participate?
  • sevencallmemom
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! So proud of you! Can"t wait to see you in the magazine!!! I've always wanted to be a part of their diet studies...how do you sign up, and what determines if you get chosen to participate?

I have no idea! Like I said, they contacted me about this article. I've seen though, on their FB page, posts about joining diet studies. They pay you to do it, apparently. Seems like a cool opportunity.

(In case anyone wondered, I did not get paid for the article)
  • lovecriminal
    lovecriminal Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Kudos - this is awesome !
  • Elmo2205
    Elmo2205 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your amazing weight loss and being in the magazine! I will look for it today
  • cr8zyamy
    cr8zyamy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You are on tough Momma! Congratulations on your success.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! :flowerforyou:
  • sevencallmemom
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I've now had more people tell me they've got it and *I* can't seem to get my hands on a copy! LOL
  • sevencallmemom
    Options
    If you are on FB, the Woman's World page updated and you can see pics of the cover. I'm not on the cover, but my name (Trish) is.
  • AaronandChristopher
    Options
    How Cool ~ we'll def be getting the magazine :)
  • djk721
    djk721 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    congrats!
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options
    Congratulations! That's a great achievement and a great reward too!
  • avrobin03
    avrobin03 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    That is super exciting!!! :) I will look for it too!
  • toomuchsweetness
    toomuchsweetness Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Eventhough I am struggling with losing at the moment, I am PROUD to have you as a friend on here and when I get my head out of my *kitten* and quit making excuses of why I think I need the junk food...I will begin my journey again. :) CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND I AM OFF TO GET MY COPY !!!!!
  • sevencallmemom
    Options
    Thanks so much, everyone! I *FINALLY* got a copy of it tonight...I never could find one, but someone else did and grabbed an extra for me.
  • crowunruh
    crowunruh Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Thats great! You should be very proud of yourself!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!