Healthy swaps

Options
What item have you switched out for a healthier option? Looking to make some changes on my next shopping run. Any and all suggestions would be very helpful. :)

Replies

• whiskeycharged
    whiskeycharged Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    What item have you switched out for a healthier option? Looking to make some changes on my next shopping run. Any and all suggestions would be very helpful. :)

Took a quick look at your diary for the last week or so and it looked really good.
    Found a few items you could tweak that might give you even better results.
    Granted they may have been your 'treats' which is fine but you asked so... :bigsmile:

Peanut Butter - Planters Creamy Peanut Butter, 1 tbsp
    .. instead go with a natural peanut butter

Carvel - Hot Fudge Sunday, 1 reg cup
    .. instead go with skinny cow. they have a variety of healthy frozen ice cream.

Homemade - Triple Berry Cobbler, 1/2 cup
    .. maybe a fruit salad or protein smoothy. that cobbler sounds awesome though.

Pringles - Salt & Vinegar, 32 chips
    .. maybe some mixed nuts or almonds
  • cheninaerin
    Options
    I replaced ice cream with skinny cow ice cream sandwiches
    Whole Wheat Bagels instead of Everything Bagels
    Eggs instead of Milk & Cereal
    Small chip bags instead of large portions
    String cheese as a savory snack
    100 cal mini oreos instead of a box.
  • inkandsheep
    inkandsheep Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Green tea or herbal tea for ordinary tea (no caffeine, and I don't need milk or sugar with it)
    Quinoa for some dishes I previously had with pasta
    Puffed grains (e.g. puffed oats, quinoa or brown rice) that has nothing added for cereals/muesli
    I use apple sauce and nut butter in baking instead of oil and eggs now (to make them vegan and lower calorie)
    Dark chocolate for any other chocolate product (I used to love Kit Kats and other "crispy" chocolate bars)
  • MelissaE1214
    MelissaE1214 Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Took a quick look at your diary for the last week or so and it looked really good.
    Found a few items you could tweak that might give you even better results.
    Granted they may have been your 'treats' which is fine but you asked so... :bigsmile:

Peanut Butter - Planters Creamy Peanut Butter, 1 tbsp
    .. instead go with a natural peanut butter

Carvel - Hot Fudge Sunday, 1 reg cup
    .. instead go with skinny cow. they have a variety of healthy frozen ice cream.

Homemade - Triple Berry Cobbler, 1/2 cup
    .. maybe a fruit salad or protein smoothy. that cobbler sounds awesome though.

Pringles - Salt & Vinegar, 32 chips
    .. maybe some mixed nuts or almonds

OMG - lol you looked on my worst week ever! Thank you for the feed back. A co-worker of mine actually gave me an all natural peanut butter with coconut oil base just yesterday. I am so looking forward to that swap!

Carvel got me! My son's first day of school and my mother in law brought us all a treat ! AHHHHHHHHHHH
    The berry cobler - nabbed again at a family dinner out. Couldnt resist. lol

Pringles - pure weakness!!!!!!