Trouble Getting Motivated

Options
I start off the days great with working out eatting right and then once I get to work or just later on in the day I seem to lose the motivation or strength to stay away from the bad foods or just eating to late and just being full the rest of the day... Any1 have any ideas on like good snacks or things I can do later on in the day or bring into work thatll help me stay modivated or help me keep the strength to not think about eating?

Replies

• amyprzyby
    amyprzyby Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Plan your meals in advance! I always pack my lunch for work complete with snacks galore. You can have some of those bad foods, just don't go crazy otherwise you ruined all your hard work. Add some friends on here that way you can stay motivated! And if you're trying not to cheat, then it's 100% willpower. Just say no to the bad food. You'll feel better about it later. If you're hungry at night, drink lots of water or just go to bed!
  • amyprzyby
    amyprzyby Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for specific foods to eat while you're dieting, check out your friends diaries, that's where I get most of my ideas!
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I start off the days great with working out eatting right and then once I get to work or just later on in the day I seem to lose the motivation or strength to stay away from the bad foods or just eating to late and just being full the rest of the day... Any1 have any ideas on like good snacks or things I can do later on in the day or bring into work thatll help me stay modivated or help me keep the strength to not think about eating?

Snack ideas:
    Hummus & veggies
    Fruit salad
    Popcorn
    Bean burrito
    Piece(s) of fruit
    small tin of tuna with the easy pull off lids
    Natural peanut butter on whole wheat
    A small baked chicken breast with herbs

To keep busy when I feel like eating:
    A good book and get lost in it
    Clean the house
    Do laundry
    Call a friend or relative
    Bring the dog out for a walk.. go for a walk

I keep some snacks cut up on hand in containers like cantaloupe, watermelon, celery, cucumber and carrot sticks in plain sight of the fridge when I am bored or feel like snacking... mash up 3 cauliflower heads tastes like potatoes for carb cravings.. I don't buy food I will over indulge on and have two servings like light cheese and sugary diet cereals.. not sure if this helps you but yeah...
  • plantation22
    Options
    wow thanks :)
  • Kiereek
    Kiereek Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't know what your work schedule is, but what has helped me this past week is waking at 2am and working out. When the workout is finished my appetite is curbed until breakfast, and all i desire is water. I eat breakfast and sip water,tea, and coffee until lunch. Eat lunch and sip water,tea,and coffee until dinner. Eat dinner and by 5pm I find myself wanting to crash. Ordinarily falling asleep at 6pm would be a problem, but because I'm waking at 2am it's perfectly alright. By going to sleep I beat the urge to want to snack after dinner. If your work schedule starts at 6am-9am and ends 2pm-5pm this might work for you.
  • LivingInPuglia
    LivingInPuglia Posts: 122 Member
    Options

Snack ideas:
    Hummus & veggies
    Fruit salad
    Popcorn
    Bean burrito
    Piece(s) of fruit
    small tin of tuna with the easy pull off lids
    Natural peanut butter on whole wheat
    A small baked chicken breast with herbs

To keep busy when I feel like eating:
    A good book and get lost in it
    Clean the house
    Do laundry
    Call a friend or relative
    Bring the dog out for a walk.. go for a walk

I keep some snacks cut up on hand in containers like cantaloupe, watermelon, celery, cucumber and carrot sticks in plain sight of the fridge when I am bored or feel like snacking... mash up 3 cauliflower heads tastes like potatoes for carb cravings.. I don't buy food I will over indulge on and have two servings like light cheese and sugary diet cereals.. not sure if this helps you but yeah...

I like your snack ideas .....

And my Keep Busy list includes Do a Killer Sudoku Puzzle and Gardening!
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with planning your meals for the day...failing to plan equals planning to fail. I bring everything to work that I could possibly need for the day for snacks and lunch in order to keep me out of the junk machine. I also find it helpful to not have any change on hand so that I'm forced to stay out of the machines when I'm really craving it...though those cravings become less and less the longer I go without the junk food.

For snacks during the day I stick with fruit and protein shakes and if I'm extra hungry, I will add a few almonds, sunflower seeds, wheat thins or other sorts of crackers.

For trying to avoid eating after dinner, I completely agree with doing something to keep your mind off of snacking and drink lots of water. From what I've heard, cold water quenches thirst and room temperature water helps curb appetite.