A Brand New Me

Options
Hi Everyone and good morning, I am Lisa, im new to all this, just starting out on my new diet and started c25k last night, which was very hard but im chuffed to have managed it as i never thought I could run for a second :smile:
Im looking for some more people like me to add me as a freind and to give me help, advice and inspiration and this looks like the very Forum to do that :smile:
I am 270lbs so ive a long way to go and im hoping that the running along with a diet plan will help me get fit and healthy again.
I do find it difficult as ive had 2 opperations on my back for discs and also fibromyalgia but im hoping exercise with help and weightloss which it should but will be a struggle :smile:
so if you could add me as a friend that would be great as i need all the help possible and would like to help others too x

Replies

• LouiseP78
    LouiseP78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi hun sent you a friend request :) well done with the running and good luck x
  • Americanpeanut
    Options
    Hello and welcome! MFP is great! Please feel free to add me! Have a great day and good luck on your journey! :)
  • glass2diamonds
    Options
    please feel free to add me too!
  • pfradd
    pfradd Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!
    Like you I have disc problems with my back so running,jogging is out so I do a lot of walking!
    You welcome to add me.good luck with it all.
  • debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    HI, Sent a friend request. I've managed to put c25k on my ipod now, but still haven't managed to get out and do it, hopefully will manage to start this weekend.

Well done to you.

:smile:
  • pseel42
    pseel42 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    hi

welcome to MFP. I also have fibromyalgia and it is not easy because it's not just pain that we have to deal with. there are so many other issues many do not understand.

the only excercise i can do with minimal pain is walk. i'm hoping once i start dropping weight i can increase my level of activity.

i wish you well on your lourney.

feel free to add me if you would like support or even someone who understands.

paula
  • lmwilkie
    Options
    Thanks Debbie, just do it :) as Nike say lol. Its hard but you feel fab once youve done it :)