How bad is it to be way under calories?

Options
I've got some lurgy involving a serious backache, chills and a sore throat, so have spent most of the day back and forward between the couch and bed, resulting in be being 700 calories from my goal at 9.30 at night.
it's not that I couldn't eat - I'm not hungry but I'm not not hungry either, but the trip to the bathroom earlier left me severely shaky and I just can't be bothered getting up to make something, and I don't have any quick calorie dense foods, because I'm watching what I eat!
I've been a little under my calorie goal the last few days, will it come back to haunt me if i dont drag myself up and make something (I even know what I'd make)?

Replies

• Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    If you are ill, just get over being ill - concentrate on that - nothing else. Try to eat normally but if you can't, don't worry. You won't make or break a a diet in a day or two, simply not possible.
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Feel better:flowerforyou:
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Feel better. Try to eat things like broth and rice and other things that people eat when they're sick. And don't worry about anything but getting better.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    When you're sick, things are a little different. Just eat as healthy as you can and rest up and get better. A few days being sick won't wreck you.
  • skinnyskittles
    Options
    I find a nice cup of cement usually helps...

JUST KIDDING-!!!!
    allow yourself to just be sick, you can't help it and it definately sucks (I also find that I enjoy all that healthy food even more after I've been sick- it's wierd)

Hope you get better soon :)
  • rootbag
    Options
    Don't forget to drink plenty of water :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I don't log my food at all when I'm sick. It just makes me feel worse... seeing how much sodium is in chicken soup and saltines, or feeling like I'm doing something wrong by not reaching my goals.

Just eat what you need to eat to feel ok, rest, and get back to it when you can.
  • skinnyskittles
    Options
    I also like to whinge and whine about how horrible I feel too and generally give every one around me hell.

Though I guess that's not really too different to any other day of the week
  • Menecairiel
    Menecairiel Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Just eat what you feel you need and then you will get better...don't worry about a diet until you feel better, because your body knows what it wants better than anything!
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    thanks for the responses. the fizzy panadol kicked in, so I took the opportunity to get up and make some dinner. now I'm about 400 cal under, but won't wake up at 2am crying out for food!

this being sick would be so much nicer if I didn't feel so crap.