lack of sleep and exercise...

Options
Kk.. so how does a lack of sleep factor into your routine.. last night I got about maybe 2-3 hours, if that, of sleep... I tried but it just wasnt happening. Do I work out today in spite of it or do I rest or do i try and sleep this morning and then workout this afternoon...?

Replies

• kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Well, you're up, so you might as well get to it!

If it's just one night, the exercise will invigorate you.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I would definitely second the other poster.... Get to the gym, give yourself one hell of a workout... get through your day and I bet you will crash hard tonight! Keep hydrated BTW...

The nights where I sleep with my 'Lawnmower" husband... UGHHHHHHHH sometimes ear plugs dont work so I attempt to sleep on the couch.... it definitely isnt a good night's sleep but I still will push myself to go to the gym because I know it will "wake" me up and my day will be alert and focused... and then sleeping is not an issue and my husband can deal with ME being the "Lawnmower"... BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAA
  • gpoliver
    gpoliver Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    It depends on if lack of sleep is a regular thing or not. If lack of sleep is because of stress, or somethings that are unsettling going on, exercise will help relieve that and help to give your body and mind a rest. If lack of sleep if more than one or two nights, rest is significanlty more important right now than excercise. They kinda go hand in hand really, but the most important thing you can do is get on to some type of routine. You probably shouldnt be excercising regulary unless you can commit to 6 hours of sleep at a minimum. However, light excercising, such as walking or light yoga etc. can very well relax your body enough to give you the sleep you need. Hmmm did i even answer your question. If you want to know more aobut sleeping send me a message, I have lots of information I can share!
  • TroJon
    TroJon Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    defo workout.

will sleep better and not have missed a session.

lol what a cop out excuse.
  • Sierrasmommy
    Options
    defo workout.

Im just trying to do right by my body, No problem in working out if its the right thing to do...
    Definitely not a cop out excuse... geez.

What a rude, arrogant comment to make...

TO EVERYONE ELSE... thank you for your advice :)
  • skinnyskittles
    Options
    cop out excuse...Definately is

I use it occasionally !!! HAHA

I do tend to feel pretty sh*te when I do tho
  • wolfgate
    wolfgate Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    If you normally sleep well, a single night won't impact you physically and you're fine to work out. Many people experience poor sleep - this same thing - the night before a big goal exercise event - their first 5k, half marathon, whatever - and are quite successful the next day. Like others have said, it could be good mentally and may help sleep better tonight. Go for the workout!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    defo workout.

cop out excuse? ever dealt with insomnia?
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    If you can nap and then workout, do it. Try to avoid lack of sleep as much as possible.