High Cal Consumers!

Options
Hi,

I'm not one of those who believe in the 1200 calorie diet! I understand the importance of fuelling your body to allow it to lose weight and i realise that 1200 cals is no good unless you literally do NOTHING!

I am eating 20% below TDEE at the moment and aim to eat 1700 cals. I do log my exercise but I log it as 1 calorie as I do not eat it back - this is already factored into my number!

Looking for friends who log daily and also eat based on TDEE, not bare minimum 1200.

I'm tired of people saying "you burned more than 1 cal doing aerobics" YES I KNOW. but I dont need to log the cals and eat them back, I log them as 1 for a record i've doene the exercise!!

Please add me if you are pretty similar to me in this view, need some motivation from people doing the same.

I'm 23 and from the UK, so UK friends add away! its nice to be in the same timezone on the newsfeed - but ANYbody welcome ;-)

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    This is pretty much what I do. I eat 300 calories below TDEE (except on strength days) and I don't eat back exercise calories. But we are already friends so let me just bump this for you! :drinker:
  • Charlottieeeee
    Options
    Thanks! If only there were more of us!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Hi! Yep, this is pretty much me. I followed fat2fit and eat "like the leaner me"... I eat almost at TDEE.
    I dont "eat back" my exercise calories, and never have. I fuel my body roughly the same way every day regardless of whether I work out. And that "fuel" is well over my BMR.
  • LisaJ2904
    LisaJ2904 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi I would like to be friends as I have recently adopted this philosophy, please all feel free to add me. Also I have a friend SPNLuver83 who also has a youtube chanel dedicated to this ' jayme bales' she is awesome and worth friending to if she has room (v popular lady x)
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I eat 2500, but I ate that much before I was pregnant too...I have a desk job, but previously worked out A LOT, so high TDEE = lots of yummy food!!!!
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I eat about 1744 calories a day and I do not eat back any exercise calories.
  • E_K71
    E_K71 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Im a high cal consumer :happy:
    Im now eating at TDEE minus 20% , just logging my exercise on my food and exercise diaries.
    Have tried the 1200 and almost every other low cal amount, i end up feeling faint and wanting to binge :cry:
    Im happy now and feel i can do this, im not missing out on anything , and i exercise the way i used to, but now not worrying should i eat the exercised cals or am i over estimating and so on
    Wish i had done this way a lot sooner :ohwell:

Anyone here can add me :flowerforyou:
  • geisharunner219
    Options
    After reading this, I did some quick research and I think this might be what I'm looking for! I'm just starting out (again) and 1200 calories doesn't seem to go a long way. This also adds more motivation to work out! When I try 1200 calories I feel like I have NO energy to work out at any point in the day.

Friend Requests would be great! :)
  • Tastonemba
    Options
    May be a silly question, but what is TDEE? I am new.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    May be a silly question, but what is TDEE? I am new.

Total Daily Energy Expenditure - It is the amount of calories that your body actually uses during the course of a day.
  • chezileigh
    Options
    What I do basically works out the same I think. eat at a deficit of 350 calories each day, if I've done exercise I *can* eat more because of it, but I don't make a point of eating all of it unless I'm hungry. If I've not done exercise then I eat less to stay at the same deficit, although this almost never happens because even if I can't work out per se for whatever reason, I will walk or do something to make up for it.

We are already friends though :)
  • fitmaa
    Options
    I like the idea of adding one calorie for workouts. I eat around 1700-1800 cals a day. I try not to eat my workout calories.

Recently I have started doing Jillian michaels beginners workout DVD ( interval training). I feel extremely hungry on those days as opposed the days I do cardio. Do any of you feel this way with some workouts?
  • Charlottieeeee
    Options
    anymore for anymore? i know theres a lot more of you out there!!
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I eat 2000 calories a day and log exercise as1, too, and I get that from my friends all the time...lol. "I think you burned more than 1 calorie..."
  • MrsAFR
    MrsAFR Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting to grips with this idea at the moment, still adjusting my calories to get it right. Couldn't stick with the 1200 a day though i'd die!

I like logging my exercise so I do it slightly different but it amounts to the same.
  • evandehey
    evandehey Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! This topic is really interesting. I'm new to MFP (friend me?) and I've never thought of doing high calories and counting my exercise as 1 calorie. It's a simple, great idea and seems more in tune with my lifestyle.

Just the thought of consuming only 1200 calories makes me hungry, and even 1500 is really hard for me to stick to, I feel so hungry all the time. Thanks to you all I just calculated my TDEE and compared it to my BMR and I should be eating between 1800-1900 calories a day; much more realistic!
  • rwozzie
    rwozzie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started eating this way and I love it! I tried before eating between 1300 and 1500 calories a day and I had no energy for workouts and wanted to binge every weekend. Now I eat between 1700 and 1900 calories a day depending on how active I have been, and I feel so much better! It has only been a couple of weeks at this point, but I no longer have an urge to binge every night and I feel my mood has improved as well. :)
  • mrswaite08
    mrswaite08 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1800-1900 calories a day and do not consume exercise calories. Although my tdee would be about 2700 calories a day, I don't think I would loose any weight eating that much. My current calorie consumption allows me to loose 2-3 lbs a week. I couldn't imagine trying to stick to a 1200 calorie diet.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    bump