crystal light

Options
I was wondering if you can count the crystal light to go packets that you add to your water as water intake or if you have to count them as something else . Since they are basically just adding flavor to the water. I have a hard time getting all of my water intake for the day and thought if these can count toward your water intake then I would get some and drink those.

Replies

• Lynnlin
    Lynnlin Posts: 16
    Options
    I drink Crystal Light and count it as my water, and count the calories. If I didn't have Crystal Light, I wouldn't be able to choke down the water!
  • cnbenton
    Options
    It is my understanding that any non-caloric liquid (that is anything with 10 or less calories per serving) and which does not contain caffine (caffine actually dehydrates) can be counted toward your water intake.

Cari
  • cullensbrunette
    Options
    i drink it and count it as water.
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light makes me soooo thirsty that I quit drinking it so personally I would not count it as water. That;s just me....:blushing:

I am one of the few who CANNOT live without water. I drink it constantly during the day and have even had to wean myself off at night so I am not constantly waking up and heading to the bathroom. I've been that way since I was a kid, so I guess Im lucky.
  • mama22girlz
    Options
    I just bought a ton of crystal light today because I agree its the only way I can get all the water down (even then I forget sometimes to drink) but I also drink just plain water. Its only 5 calories so you can just add it to your diary. I nurse my baby still a few times a day and need some extra calories, and burn some calories by nursing so I really don't count the 10-15 calories I add to water when I have two or three a day.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Some people count it as water. I don't. But if you are drinking it, be sure to add in the sodium and calories.
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I am one of the few who CANNOT live without water. I drink it constantly during the day and have even had to wean myself off at night so I am not constantly waking up and heading to the bathroom. I've been that way since I was a kid, so I guess Im lucky.

Me 2. I think I was a fish in a past life!!
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO. IT HELPS! :tongue:
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options

Me 2. I think I was a fish in a past life!!

Yep...absolutely a water baby!
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    I used to drink it and count it as water. But then i found out it has aspartame (artificial sweetner) in it which is supposed to not be good for you at all. Supposedly it leads to many health problems. It is in many things like diet soda and diet foods. I would look for an alternative that does not have that in it.
  • lwest008
    lwest008 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    As part of my degree in university, I took a Human Nutrition course, and we were told that "water" (for the purpose of tracking your fluid intake) is anything non-alcoholic or non-caffeinated. So Crystal Light would count, as would juice, milk, even Gatorade or Koolaid for that matter. Although if you are drinking fluids with calories, you need to track them in your food diary not just as a glass of water.