Six Week Body Makeover - Type A Body

Options
Anybody every do the Six Week Body Makeover diet by Michael Thurmond? It blueprints your body type and creates a diet and workout for your specific type. However, I got this in, and after going through the blueprinting, it seems like an impossible diet to follow because you are so limited to what you can eat. I am a body type A and it suggests that I eat absolutely no milk products, no pasta at all and am very limited on what vegetables I can have. I know I could do this for a while but am pretty sure I could not keep it up forever and would likely gain the weight back. I am kind of disappointed in it. Anybody out there used it who could provide some feedback, specifically on what they ate if they were a type A? Thanks.

Replies

• sunshine_girl
    Options
    He has a shorter version if memory correctly serves me. I am a different body type but I didnt regain any of the weight I lost until about a year later. The only problem with it is you are eating CONSTANTLY. It is super restrictive so you have to not eat out while on it, like at all. Anyways its not really a lifestyle change, it will jump start your metabolism with the multiple meals a day and you might find yourself wanting to eat some of the healthier foods you eat while on it, once you finish, but don't count on it to change your life ykwim? Best of luck!
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    I tried it and hated it. Food was bland, couldn't eat things I love. When you're depriving your body of things that you know you will eat again you will gain it back. That's why I HATE diets and LOVE this site. Just eat better and smaller portions. Counting calories is fool proof and you can eat what you want for the most part.
  • jilly280
    jilly280 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I did that and it said I am type b body. I like that but it is to much money to do. I wish deits you don't have to pay for. I wish there is a deit out there that is free.
  • NewBeginning2010
    NewBeginning2010 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I WAS BODY TYPE A AND DID IT FOR 9 WEEKS AND LOST 40 LBS....IT IS HARD AND TAKES TIME TO ADJUST...WHEN I STOPPED EATING THE NO SALT AND DIDNT EAT AS LITTLE A MOUNT OF FOOD AS I HAD BEEN EATING OR ATE ANYTHING THAT I WASMT EATING ON THE DIET, I GAINED IT ALL BACK. MY OPINION, STICK TO THIS :bigsmile:
  • mamma3monkeys
    Options
    I'm a body type A. Lost 120lbs in 8 months and it only came back with a lot of hard work eating a lot and eating high fat for a twin pregnancy and then nursing them for 2 years and missing my thyroid medication waaay too often. I'm back on it and I know I can make it to goal and keep it off this time. :D