The scale demotivates me!!!

Options
Hi everyone!
I know I sound crazy but this is my problem:
I have been losing for little less than a month now. It seems that every time I step on the scale and I have lost weight it really demotivates me! I start thinking "what the heck I deserve bad food now. I've been so good" and I usually go for it. Does anybody have the same problem? Should I stop weighing myself?

Replies

• berrythin79
    berrythin79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi,

You might want to stay away from the scale for a while just so that you don't loose the motivation to continue to eat and workout. If you find your not loosing weight you might want to change up your workout or look at the type of foods your intaking. I find that when I change up the weight starts to come off.

I hope this helps... the scale can be crush motivation believe me I know first hand... GOOD LUCK!!!:smile:
  • sandlerlover
    sandlerlover Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'd only weigh once a month if that's the case. Or just base what you are doing on how well your clothes fit or you could measure yourself.
  • chubtofit
    chubtofit Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I know I sound crazy but this is my problem:
    I have been losing for little less than a month now. It seems that every time I step on the scale and I have lost weight it really demotivates me! I start thinking "what the heck I deserve bad food now. I've been so good" and I usually go for it. Does anybody have the same problem? Should I stop weighing myself?

I've been there...in the past. This time I'm so motivated to lose the weight that I don't have that problem. You have to keep your goal weight as your focus and think of the weight loss as a stepping stone.

Find a reward...other than food...maybe a new item of clothing (a size smaller?)
  • Ridumcowgirl
    Ridumcowgirl Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I SOOO know the feeling I do SO well and then get comfortable and pig out ( and continue to lose/gain the same 3 pounds) Just keep pushing through it itll be ok !
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Well, I'd stop using the scale if I were you. Get your butt in a gym and see some PRs going UP instead.
  • bullisnn82
    Options
    I do the EXACT same thing - I'm like, well, now that I"ve lost so much, I deserve some cupcakes or something - I have been working off the same 5 pounds for months because I start making some progress and then demolish it, sigh
  • cxdieselxm
    Options
    I totally get like that too! Or if Ive been exercising and run longer or faster than ever because I am having a good day, I get frustrated when I cant do the same thing the next time, and I kind of give up.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    If you decide to reward yourself with food (which probably isn't the best mind-set), do so with something small. If you decide you've earned something sweet, have a small piece of dark chocolate or slow churned ice cream and leave it at that. You shouldn't deny yourself the things you want because you're more likely to backslide and lose your progress than if you were to just have those things in moderation.
  • Klaks
    Klaks Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the great tips! I'm going to do my traditional weigh in tomorrow and stay motivated this weekend whatever it shows. Then I'm going to take a break from the scale as long as i can. I'm at least going to narrow it down to once a week. Thank you again you wonderful people. You always know what to do! :)
  • mrsbimage
    Options
    This has definetly been my problem in the past and I since i've started I said this time around I will weigh myself once amonth.... Looks like everyone below are saying similiar things. I am going to throw away my scale when I get home and just weigh myself at the gym since I only drink Protein drinks for Breakfast... You might want to do the same!!!!