Not a Newbie at All!!!

Options
I'm sick and tired of my weight going in the wrong direction. I started 2012 off at 247, during the course of this year I've down as far as 217. As of today I'm back up to 251. You all were so supportive in helping me reach 217 that i've decided to swallow my pride and seek the pals for more support. Pleeeeaaase help me! :explode: :mad: :grumble:

Replies

• LCgymnast
    Options
    I'll add you for sure. I know it's great to see how much progress you've made and then when we falter (it's human nature) it's hard for us to get back up and try again. I'll motivate you to keep moving forward! You can do it this time. Say good bye weight and hello the new you!!!
  • Catrina617
    Catrina617 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Awh Thank you LC, I really appreciate you adding me.
  • luv2hate
    luv2hate Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i added you, im just like you...quitting and restarting in march i was down 195 from 230 pounds, now im back at 228, so we do share similar stories but today Im restarting my path and more focused. lets do this together
  • blushingmama
    blushingmama Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I've done it too :( It's hard to get back on track. But even harder to see all those cute clothes hanging in the closet that you can't wear.
  • Catrina617
    Options
    Yes ma'am im ready, thanks for adding me.
  • Catrina617
    Options
    Girl don't even mention cloths, I swear it's like the weight came out of nowhere. :(
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'll add, we all go through this.
  • stephfranke
    stephfranke Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You can do it... it's a journey, and we are all on it. Feel free to add me. I can use the support too!
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. I am restarting my journey as well.
  • catinhat24
    catinhat24 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am sick and tired of being the "big" friend and am trying to lose weight. I'm hoping by joining this website it will help me. My sister is the one who told me about it and she has been a good motivator, cause that's my biggest problem is staying motivated. I'm really looking forward to seeing the weight come off.
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    You can add me :smile:
  • whayamean
    whayamean Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I was down 153 lbs and after some medical stuff I went through I'm only down 115! You can add me if ya want I'm trying to work my way back down.
  • PhiliciousCurves
    PhiliciousCurves Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I've been on a yo-yo with my weight over the past few weeks, but I think I'm on target and I should be seeing the numbers go down and not up! So if you like you can add me and together we'll get rid of this constant yo-yoing! :smile:
  • bcopeland2005
    bcopeland2005 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I will definately add you as I too have the same problem!! I'm so glad I'm not the only person out there who struggles with staying motivated. You can do it, and I will encourage you as much as possible!! Best of luck!! =)
  • NWriceC
    Options
    I'm definitely adding you, having gone through the exact same thing myself.
    Was down 20 lbs, then gained that back and more.

Who doesn't love a do-over?

Another chance to do it right, better than you did last time. . . . .
  • Catrina617
    Options
    Thanks Tweety!
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well, this is the 3rd time in attempting this weight loss but this time I am going to make it stick!

The first time I lost 50lbs and gained the weight back when I got comfortable in a long term relationship, then I realized I needed to lose the weight again lost the 50lbs again but became pregnant this time I gained it all back plus more!

Now I am almost 50lbs down again, but I am determined to not let anything get in my way of my ultimate goal this time!
  • thelms77
    thelms77 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'll add you or you can add me because believe me I have been there and am going through a plateau that is self induced. i have lost quite a bit before coming on this website and since then it seems to be trying to come back. I'm fighting it with Zumba and the gym but the biggest demon for me is eating!!!! Maybe we can all help each other!
  • ravengirl1611
    ravengirl1611 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too - What seems to be working for me now is
    1 - its not a diet - diets fail and I am going to succeed - Im making lifestyle changes.
    2 - Writting down my goals - everything from what size clothes I want to be able to wear to total weight lost and everything in between
    3 - stop looking at the scale and focus on inches and % of body fat lost
    4 - check out this link - it'll give you a better more accurate calorie/day number than using straight MFP (although this is good too!)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

5 - get strength training to build up the muscle while you lose the weight.

Good luck & happy losing!!!