How To Properly Measure Yourself

Options
Hey there ladies and gents. I was wondering if it was a matter of preference or is there a general accepted way to take your waist measurements? Do you guys measure at, below or above the belly button? Thanks in advance for all your help! =]

Replies

• Arrabindi
    Arrabindi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I measure at my slimmest point, which is above the belly button.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I measure at my slimmest point, which is above the belly button.

Ditto.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I measure both. My belly button isn't moving around, so at least I know I am consistently measuring in the same place on that!

But on most women, the smallest point is usually a few inches above the belly button, so I measure that as well.
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    I measure both. My belly button isn't moving around, so at least I know I am consistently measuring in the same place on that!

But on most women, the smallest point is usually a few inches above the belly button, so I measure that as well.

DITTO...I usually measure at my belly button as well since yes, it doesnt "move". My Problem is knowing where to measure the hips because of the POOCH. I usually measure under it then on it but, not sure the correct measurement on that.

And bust...with or without bra?!?! LOL!!!
  • Lindaspencer
    Lindaspencer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    i measure in 3 different areas - belly button as the middle - the pooch area as the bottom and then above the belly botton for the top - i think what helps me is how far up do my jeans go - because if i want my jeans to fit better - thats where i would want to measure at specifically - and i also added another measurement area below the pooch so that i could accurately measure where my underwear would go around so i can track that progress as well - so i think its all up to you of course and how many places you want to measure but thats how i track the mid region :)
  • keithgi
    keithgi Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My belly button isn't moving around, so at least I know I am consistently measuring in the same place on that!

^^^ this
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Chest I measure with a bra on (always the same bra). Waist at the smallest point. Hips at the widest point.
  • izzyd23
    izzyd23 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your insite so far ladies & gents!
  • mjpisat
    mjpisat Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    do you suck in, push it all the way out?

I measured mine around my belly button yesterday am and it was 36.5

last night I measured in the same spot but pushing all the way out and it was around 40.

pretty drastic difference
  • izzyd23
    izzyd23 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i measure in 3 different areas - belly button as the middle - the pooch area as the bottom and then above the belly botton for the top - i think what helps me is how far up do my jeans go - because if i want my jeans to fit better - thats where i would want to measure at specifically - and i also added another measurement area below the pooch so that i could accurately measure where my underwear would go around so i can track that progress as well - so i think its all up to you of course and how many places you want to measure but thats how i track the mid region :)

Thats a very smart system