Ridiculously Quick and Easy Black Bean Cakes (Burgers)

Options

Replies

• legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Cheers m'dear!! :bigsmile:
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I want to try!!
  • Chipmunk222
    Chipmunk222 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    definitely going to try these!
  • Bonnyr1971
    Options
    I will try this recipe thanks, i have recently eating Morningstar Black Bean burgers and love them!
  • Imanido
    Imanido Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    looking good, I will give them a try. If you make a lot you can freeze them and take them out in days you don't have the time for cooking
  • zoeluiisa
    Options
    From the UK, need a translation please ;)

By "oatmeal" do you mean whole, rolled porridge oats? Or the ground up stuff?
  • Berger2011
    Options
    Thanks for the post, I am always looking for new things to eat to not get bored. Definately will be trying these!!
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    BUMP these sound awesome!!
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    bump :) loooooooove black bean burgers.
  • WEB3
    WEB3 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    bump, sound good
  • tdaviduke
    Options
    How many calories in each patty?
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    NOM NOM indeed! thank you!
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    From the UK, need a translation please ;)

By "oatmeal" do you mean whole, rolled porridge oats? Or the ground up stuff?

Seconded! Help please!
  • sapphire1166
    sapphire1166 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I use the instant oatmeal packs, which are about 32 grams each. A little less or a little more shouldn't hurt. The less water and more oatmeal, the better they are for holding up in burgers.

As for calories, each patty is right about 150 calories. I usually eat 2 for dinner with a vegetable of some kind, so I get a very filling dinner for under 400 calories. Can't complain about that!

I'll post some of my other recipes soon. I'm still building them because my husband and I just recently started going into "save every penny we make so we can buy a house and have kids some day mode". So I aim to do dinners that are less than $1.75 a serving (this one is about $0.75 a serving!). It's tough, but do-able!
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Yum! I currently buy my black bean burger patties but would rather make them at home to save sodium and cost.
  • RiotMTB
    RiotMTB Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I like the garlic and cumin addition. The only thing missing is the protien (no there is not enough in the beans), so may have to try it with adding protein powder (which can also serve as a thickener).
  • sladamssr
    sladamssr Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!!!! I am trying this today. I'll tell you how it goes.
  • sladamssr
    sladamssr Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!!!! I am trying this today. I'll tell you how it goes.

It was okay. Looked like hamburger, tasted a bit like hamburger, but the texture was not "springy" like beef. I think I'll need to play with it a bit.