Question for Women

Options
Does anyone else feel exhausted, fatter, and hungrier during "that time of the month?" :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Brandywithrow
    Options
    yup I always do usually gain like 4 pounds too or well the scale says i do then it just goes away hmm weird.
  • sprags
    sprags Posts: 56
    Options
    The hormones make you hold onto water more, what we like to call bloating. That's the weight fluctuation. And I do have to say...when it's that time, it's much harder to "suck it in"!
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Y-E-S!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    You bet! I crave for bad things!
  • NicoleMikluscak
    Options
    Exercising has helped my cramps, but getting the energy to go to the gym is the problem!!!!
  • acureese
    acureese Posts: 169
    Options
    Yep for sure! I like to do light/moderate cardio when it first starts to alleviate any low back cramping, and make sure I drink water. I eat pretty clean still but let myself have a little dark chocolate the day before/first day of it. (craving those phytochemicals in the dark chocolate!). I usually don't weigh myself that week, either, because it's not usually accurate with the bloating :)
  • Kati_Marie
    Options
    When it is that time of the month I crave chocolate other times I can't stand chocolate. So there is definately something that happens there. Also when I got on the scale it said that I was 5lbs heavier but 2 days later I was down an extra pound.

Oh the joys of being a Woman!
  • zeala
    zeala Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    for me it's always the week before. I know when that is, so I pay attention and at least know logically why I am craving that ice cream and french bread.
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    Yes, yes and yes.

Work through it and take a day off if you need to....try to manage your cravings as best you can but what I realized last month was that I am going to have "it" for a lot more years still and so if a day or two a month I have to "give in" to the cravings a bit so be it...I dont use it as license to go crazy but if it is salt I need this month Im going to eat it, if it is sugar (like last month) Im going to eat some....over the year - or two - or next 10 1-2 days a month of giving in a bit isnt going to hurt me... its the cross we bear for being women!
  • matimat
    Options
    During that time I can't stand it. I feel very uncomfortable. Especially when I exercise at the gym.
  • auntbliz
    auntbliz Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I feel like my whole head is moving through a fog. It's incredibly hard for me to get up and stay up. Unfortunately, I have 5 kids to take care of, so going back to bed isn't much of an option unless the heavens smile down on me and the 3 little ones take a nap at the same time! I will also do things like eat one of those giant hershey bars for a snack! Can we say kill my calorie count for the day??? I try to keep up the exercise and water though, those help a ton.
  • sdirks
    sdirks Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have endometriosis, so my periods are unusually bad and 90% of the time involve cysts, so I feel ya! For bad cramps, my doc suggested starting a low dose of Advil 1-2 days before my period. Advil is an antiinflamitory and helps beat the bloat. I know other women who swear by Motrin, instead. Loading up on fruits and veggies in the days before your period will also help with bloating and cravings, I find. I've started craving fruit the week before my period; the only thing I crave during is a hot bath, a massage, and sleeeeeeep!

I can't do cardio with a cyst (which is almost every time I get my period :grumble: ), but I still try to do very active chores or some yoga. Anything that helps you forget about the discomfort is good.
  • augustbells
    Options
    Absolutely! The joys of being a woman. Lol.
  • claire30
    claire30 Posts: 153
    Options
    Totally!
    I always crave chocolate, and feel REALLY bloated!
  • NicoleMikluscak
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies! I wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one!