Exercise calorie calculator

Options
Hi everyone :)

Can I just confirm.. When I enter the exercise I've done and the length of time, it automatically calculates the number of calories I've burnt? Because I've been deleting it and putting in the number of calories my treadmill has been saying which is so so so much more less than MFP has been telling me.. But now I assume it's because I weigh alot which is why I will burn more calories.

Someone please tell me this is right because then I've been burning alot of calories this week and will be so so so happy! Lol

Rozie.

Replies

• spdoman7
    spdoman7 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I found that many of MFP's calories burned numbers are low.

For instance for cycling, MFP will have "Cycling 14-16 mph" and assign a number of calories burned based upon time only. I tend to work out at a higher heart rate which means I burn more calores than MFP states. If You are heavier, you may be working at a higher HR and thus burning more calories than what MFP is stating.

I use a HR monitor programmed with all my stats (age, weight, resting HR, Max HR) to get an accurate count on my calories burned.
  • Rozie85
    Rozie85 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your response.

The HR monitor I assume is a piece of equipment you put on your wrist, arm? Or is it a calculator?
  • spdoman7
    Options
    Hr monitor is typically a watch and chest sr
  • spdoman7
    Options
    ...chest strap combo. I have always used Polar. I am currently using a cheap model (FT2) which will give you elapsed time and average heart rate(hr). From there I plug into heart rate based calorie burn calculator (find on Internet) for total calories burned.
    FT2 was $60-$70.

Other hr monitors(+$) will give you calories burned