Couch to 5K

Options
So, yesterday started week 2 of C25K. Surprisingly easier than week 1.. however.. my stomach muscles are absolutely going to make me curl into a ball and cry!

I already work out 5 days/week, mixing weights and cardio. So, it's not really "newbie" workout pain.. is this normal? Did I do something wrong? GEEZ! I would have thought my legs would hurt if any body part.. but oh my tummy :(

Replies

• CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Just goes to show how much you engage your core when running. :)
  • MrsSexton2013
    MrsSexton2013 Posts: 98 Member
    Options

Is that what that's about? Holy crap. I dont think I did intentionally.. I was trying to not fall out from lack of oxygen ;)
  • hoskibn
    Options

Is that what that's about? Holy crap. I dont think I did intentionally.. I was trying to not fall out from lack of oxygen ;)

In the words of self help youtube videos everywhere...it gets better.

I am in week 7 and don't have that pain anymore, I did mix in some cross training to focus on Core though.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

Are you running too fast? Maybe slow down so you can breath easier and those muscles can relax a bit.
  • MrsSexton2013
    Options

Are you running too fast? Maybe slow down so you can breath easier and those muscles can relax a bit.

Definitely not running too fast.. I have a bum knee, and I'm trying to go slow so as not to injure it. Matter of fact my fiance told me yesterday to "catch up".. LOL :)
  • i just finished day 2 of week 2 yesterday. im already noticing differences from week 1
  • MrsSexton2013
    Options
    i just finished day 2 of week 2 yesterday. im already noticing differences from week 1

I almost felt like the run itself was easier! Today should have been my day 2, but it's gonna end up being tomorrow.
  • missg7
    missg7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just started Week 3 and it does get easier. I don't have the stomach pain, but my legs (shins especially) HURT SO BAD!! Sometimes I have to stop and stretch, but I just make myself finish. Hoping I can say Week 5...7...are even easier :)
  • I just started Week 3 and it does get easier. I don't have the stomach pain, but my legs (shins especially) HURT SO BAD!! Sometimes I have to stop and stretch, but I just make myself finish. Hoping I can say Week 5...7...are even easier :)

week 4 is where it starts getting killer people keep telling me. my good friend said she had to do week 4 4 times before moving on. BUT, we can make it, all of us!