P90X

Options
Just started P90X today! I'm not sure how to add this exercise into my log. I randomly added the sets I completed today however it does not subtract any calories. Any one have suggestions??

Replies

• MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    Just started P90X today! I'm not sure how to add this exercise into my log. I randomly added the sets I completed today however it does not subtract any calories. Any one have suggestions??

log under cardio, especially since P90X is a HIIT cardio based workout :drinker:

and get a HRM

good luck and stay positive
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I enter it under cardio, I make my own description and use my HRM to get calories burned. I'm on week 2, phase 1.. Good luck, it's excellent so far for me.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    as the others have said, enter it under cardio- I made my own titles 'Legs & Back, Ab Ripper-P90x'

Please get a HRM, it's the only accurate way to calculate caloric burn.
  • mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    If you are using a HRM (or Fitbit) you can calculate the calories burned based on an average heart rate. You would be surprised at the calories burned during legs and back or chest and back workouts... and Plyo is totally killer.

I made my own entries in mfp so I could log my workouts.
  • Jfearn64
    Jfearn64 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I agree, get a Heart Rate Monitor (HRM) and create a custom exercise for each workout. Log what your HRM says. You should really have a HRM to make sure you are in the right zone and not overstressing your heart since P90X is so intense! Good luck.
  • jenneal89
    Options
    If you don't have a heart rate monitor, go to www.p90xcalories.com it's as accurate as you can be really without a HRM. Just make sure you keep track of how hard your working during the workout :)

Edit: then use that info to create your own exercise on mfp
  • ninehours
    ninehours Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    http://p90xcalories.com/

Sorry should try reading others posts before posting myself
  • MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    NICE! I just started on Tuesday! I got myself a HRM and logged it under cardio as "circuit training" and adjusted the time so the calorie burn matched what my HRM said.

So far the calorie burn that MFP estimates for circuit training has been fairly close to what my HRM says, give or take about 30 cals
  • tammyp1
    tammyp1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I'm going to go buy a HRM so I know what I'm burning.