New & in Need of MoTiVaTiOn!!!!!

Options
Hi! I joined MFP in January and am now FINALLY using it. I am a 25 year old Army wife who has some down time for the next few months while my husband is away training so this is the perfect time to lose lbs! I would like to lose 13 lbs. I started Monday and I get discouraged easily so maybe we can work together to stay motivated :) I have a Dining Out (military formal) in November so if I could get close to the 13 lbs by then I would be ecstatic!

14152023.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• AliMariesDad
    Options
    Welcome! This is the perfect place to get motivation and support, cause we're all in this together. Friend request sent.
  • wendybrat75
    wendybrat75 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'll send you a friend request!
  • ShelbyJordan07
    Options
    I joined around that time and am just now starting too! good luck with everything!! :)
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Hi Army Wife....

I am a veteran, retired CG/Navy wife and USMC Mom! I previously lost 35lbs and kept it off for about 4 1/2 years. After our son graduated bootcamp and was in his MOS school we decided it was time to sell our house (near DC) and move to NC for retirement (I'm not retired though). We sold our house (early Jan), I changed jobs, we built a house, we lived in a hotel for a few months (I worked out of the hotel...I hardly LEFT the hotel), our beloved Doll Face Persian (age 20) passed away, and we finally got moved into our new house at the end of September.....I was 12lbs heavier. I'm here trying to get rid of that.

I'm a great motivator and I've already walked miles in your shoes....or similar I was a single mom most of the time while my husband was active duty. I got out when he was born b/c we were no where near any family and there was nowhere to leave an infant for days at a time.

I LOVE to exercise and if you live on or near a base they ALWAYS have great gyms and exercise classes!!! We met & lived on the outer banks of NC, the Bay Area, CA and in Hawaii, then my husband's last duty before retiring was DC (headquarters); we lived in Northern VA.
  • rachelivory
    Options
    Vmgals: Wow what a story!!! I have a feeling I will be contacting you for a lot more than just weight loss advice!! Amazing. So, are you now in NC? I will be moving there in January! We are stationed at Ft. Bragg!

And thank you to everyone else!!!! I appreciate all of your support!
  • kelleyp31
    Options
    Welcome! I sent you a friend request :)
  • pberta
    pberta Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!