the girl next to me on the treadmill

Options
I wanted to yell at her! There are two girls exercising next to me today, I see them often it seems that they are on my schedule almost but I have never been near them -- they were college age. They were both cute maybe could lose a few pounds but if they were my daughters I wouldnt push it. All the girl next to me did the entire time was complain to her friend about having to workout. She went on and on and on and on - are we done, do we have to, how much longer -- argh!! I wanted to scream 1. because even with my ipod on i could hear her and 2. I wanted to tell her to stop complaining and just do it because when she is my age it will be som much eaasier if she just does it now!
And then I realized what I just said and realized that I am doing this now because I didnt do it all my life and that even more important then math skills or writing skills (which dont get me wrong are very important) - but even more important is to teach my 4 kids that taking care of yourself is a daily thing no matter what your age...and if they do it everyday starting now then when they are 20, 30, 40, 50 -- 90 - life will be so much better.
So, annoying girl taught me a lesson. But she still was annoying!

Replies

• AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Love it! :heart: :laugh:
  • Isabelle
    Isabelle Posts: 102
    Options
    Ha ha ha poor you! I can imagine the situation...
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    that made me smile....we never know when we are learning a life long lesson....Oh by the way....I would have been completely annoyed also! :)
  • melanieann48111
    Options
    I could totally see myself typinf this EXACT type of message and slowing down halfway through it going..."Shoot! This is the same stuff I do!" lol