Grilled food

Options
What kind of food do ya'll grill? What kind of grill do you prefer? Does anyone grill year round?

Is there a website for grilling resource?

Replies

• taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    steaks, pork loins, chicken (I'm a master here), mushrooms, boiler onions, fajitas

I grill year round, but it's easy to do when the average high is never below 60*...
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    My resource: my dad. He's an amazing cook and grillmaster, and pretty much grilled everything imaginable. He's known for his grilled pizzas.

So I grew up grilling year round, and I still do it. I grill on a weber charcoal grill. My favorite thing to grill is a Cuban pork roast. But other than that, I grill chicken , pork chops, steaks, burgers, veggies, you name it.

I love to grill.
  • TrimAnew
    TrimAnew Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    What kind of food do ya'll grill?
    Just about everything if the mood is right.
    What kind of grill do you prefer?
    I'd love to get my hands on an open fire pit grill or a smoker, but right now apartment life means our grill (which works great) is a cast iron monster of metal that covers two of the burners on the stovetop. It leaves nice grill marks, but mostly we actually cook using the griddle side.
    Does anyone grill year round?
    Yes. See previous question.
    Is there a website for grilling resource?
    Lots of them!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I love grilling! We grill all year, and it get's pretty chilly here....like below zero.

We grill chicken, steaks, veggies, corn, pork chops. YUM!
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    I grill pretty much anything I can year round. I only use charcoal grills, open fires (camping), or a smoker.
  • nose6
    nose6 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend does the grilling. He gets wood planks to grill fish on. He also makes little foil trays (I've seen reusable metal ones for sale too) for grilling vegetables like mushrooms and asparagus. He also does steaks and chicken. He'll buy a large pack of chicken, cook it all on Sunday or Monday, and eat it in different recipes for the rest of the week.
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Charcoal and hickory smoke. It adds so much flavor and aroma.

Salmon, pork tenderloin, venison, flank steak, chicken breasts, squash, onions, asparigas, yams..... Lots of possibilities.

When I fire up the grill I do a few different protiens and freeze them for later. I can take care of 2 weeks of protien from grilling one time.
  • CF4L
    CF4L Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You can pretty much grill anything at any time.

This website should help you out: http://grillinfools.com/
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I grill just about any and everything I can think of. I mostly do loads of vegetables and some seafood with a bit of meat . This weekend we did oysters, steak, eggplant, tomatoes, onions, garlic, and sweet potato. Grilling some peach halves to server with vanilla ice cream or yogurt is a great way to end a big grilling night. I use charcoal and just upgraded from a smokey joe to a 22" kettle which opens up a lot of new possibilities. I live in Texas so I can grill most of the year, but it was so hot this summer that I didn't do as much as I'd like :grumble: But the fall grilling season is always my favorite. I don't have a particular source for grilling information, if I'm doing something new I google it and look at a few different sites to figure out what I think will work for me. Happy Grilling! :drinker:
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Year round I cook just about anything that will fit on the grill including pizza.