Your favorite coffee?

Options
So what is your favorite type of coffee?
And not from Starbucks, the one that you make at home? I know that there is this nespresso coffee machine but it's kinda expensive. I also used to drink granulated nescafe but the regular one is kinda gross, tastes like carton :/
Does anyone have any suggestions for a GOOD coffee that doesn't require buying espresso machine? :)

Replies

• honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I have a keurig but it's still basically just a coffee maker, but my favorite is van hautte's french vanilla coffee. I'm sure I'd like most french vanilla flavored coffees.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    t
  • zela
    zela Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    We have a coffee delivery service and an unlimited coffee budget in my office. My favorite by far is labeled as a Premium Seattle Dark Roast. The coffee sales guy sold me on it and says its higher grade than the top Starbucks shiet. I wasn't a coffee drinker until this year but now I drink half of the pot (~4 cups) every morning myself haha
  • tameejean
    tameejean Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I also have a Keurig and love it! My favorite by far (say what you will) is Starbucks Verona (dark) roast.. Personally, I don't care for the flavored coffees.
  • nose6
    nose6 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Volcanic Red organic Peruvian. It's a balanced medium roast. I drink my coffee black. I buy whole beans at the local Sprouts grocery store and grind it as needed.
    http://www.volcanicred.com/OrganicFairtrade.htm

Peerless Organic Peruvian is good too:
    http://www.peerlesscoffee.com/

I use a small coffee grinder and then I make the coffee with a drip filter that sits on top of the cup. I have this coffeemaker: http://www.amazon.com/Melitta-Ready-Single-Coffee-Brewer/dp/B0014CVEH6
    But I'm thinking of switching to a porcelain version of the same thing.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Starbucks Verona. To me, it has a hint of a dark chocolate sort of taste. (And yes, I do make it at home.)

The best coffee makers are French Presses. You can pick one up for less than $20.
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Starbucks Sumatra Blend. Dark roast. I drink it black.
  • cpaman87
    cpaman87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Dark roast. My local bakery has a great one. Just drink it the way nature intended, black with no sweetener.
  • Garthamatic
    Garthamatic Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    For me it's pretty simple.

I have an el-cheapo Mr. Coffee drip maker at the office (4-cups).

The "secret" is that I have a good coffee grinder (blade type) and I have found that ShopRite (local supermarket) Whole Bean coffee is not too shabby. I grind beans every morning for coffee and fresh ground coffee I find is vastly superior to instant or the stuff in a big can.

That said, Starbucks Via instant coffee is pretty stupendous. For instant joe, it rocks. :drinker:
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I have a Keurig and a Tassimo and love them both! The K cups and T discs are fun to experiment with when you're wanting to try different flavors.
    For regular brewed coffee, my local grocery store has beans we can ground ourselves and I LOVE the Hawaiian grog. It's Kona mixed with coconut flakes. LOVE!! :heart: :heart:
  • rickgomez2003
    Options
    I like good old fashion Folgers with french vanilla cream.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville Coffee is awesome!
  • SFbarmaid
    SFbarmaid Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Jacob's Wonderbar (dark) from Phil'z (a SF local) BEST COFFEE EVER. http://www.philzcoffee.com/

Blue Bottle's Sidamo Watadara is also excellent.

or.. for a med roast (more caffiene) I like Kirkland (from costco) Columbian or Guatamalan @ $17 for 3 lbs the price is right.

IMO starbucks blows. But, I'm a bit of a coffee snob :)
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I looooooove my Nespresso. I would be so sad if something happened to it.
  • dodihere
    Options
    Kronung German
  • Opal6779
    Options
    I'm really boring as well, I have a Keurig and Green Mountain Breakfast blend is my fav! I also like Caramel Drizzle though :-)
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    Cafe Caribee
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    chocolate silk by foldgers, or hazelnut cream
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm a sucker for Seattle's Best. I like their "level 2" currently, which is a light-medium roast, and just use my regular old $10 drip coffeepot. :laugh: I wish I could make a pumpkin spice flavored coffee at home though.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    black and strong!!!

I get mine from Gevalia 5x a year. 2lbs from small, family owned plantations in different countries.

Besides that it's Starbuck's Breakfast Blend. Always fresh ground...