March 1 to August 31

Options
Someone told me the other day that I should post a thread of my success. So here goes...

6c9a651e.jpg?t=1346877590

I started off at 226.5 with a BF% of roughly 28-30%. I am now down to 182.4 with a BF% of approximately 14.2% I have been relatively strict Paleo for about 90% of the time I have been doing this and it is working awesome. My strength has drastically improved through my workouts and I am feeling better than ever!

Just thought I'd share :smile:

Replies

• AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Way to go!
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    You are made up entirely of awesome!! amazing job!
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    ps- I really want to know more about Paleo
  • Cathcandoo
    Cathcandoo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Nice....CHEEKBONES! :)

You have done such an amazing job! In 6 months you have kicked some serious butt and the results are there to see.

For anyone who is looking for that miracle "pill" or fad that is going to get results like those? IT DOESN'T HAPPEN! You are living proof that determination, effort and eating clean equals success!

Great job - you are an inspiration!
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :happy:

and Ilovemybuggy, I will PM you about Paleo :wink:
  • flpmomi
    flpmomi Posts: 117 Member
    Options

I was told by a friend of mine who is trying to start running again, that Paleo is not the best if you are getting into running. Its kinda like a carb diet. Google it.

Great Job PhilyPhresh!!!! (:
  • PhilyPhresh
    Options

I was told by a friend of mine who is trying to start running again, that Paleo is not the best if you are getting into running. Its kinda like a carb diet. Google it.

Great Job PhilyPhresh!!!! (:

Thank you so much!

Real quick though...
    It really depends on how you look at it I guess. I don't necessarily want to turn this thread into an infamous Paleo thread... (so I probably shouldn't have said anything) but it isn't low carb by any means. You can still eat things such a sweet potatoes that are packed with carbs, you just can't eat grains and starches which are what typically are consumed when people think of "carbo loading". But Vegetables and fruit are LOADED with great carbohydrates... anyway, that was my schpeal... now back to how awesome I did... :laugh:
  • PitBullMom_Liz
    PitBullMom_Liz Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm running and do Primal (Paleo with dairy, still low to moderate carb) and doing much better now than when I started running under the Standard American Diet (SAD). I know plenty of runners who do this diet.

Great job PhilyPhresh! Guess that kind of success truly DOES make you qualified to hand out motivational stuff on your page. ;-)
  • GamerGurl729
    GamerGurl729 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Wow great job. I can't wait to post some "after" pics myself. Maybe I can show this to my husband as some inspiration too. We're doing this together and he's already getting discouraged.
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :happy:

and Ilovemybuggy, I will PM you about Paleo :wink:

k thanks, babe! =]
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Great work, way to stick with it!
  • tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • dobielover1
    Options
    You look great!
  • OnMyWay4
    Options
    Ok I just Googled Paleo and read the article on nerddiets or whatever. I laughed my *kitten* off the entire time. I just bought the Caveman's Cookbook because I'm definitely going to start MONDAY!!! You look freaking fabulous. In all honesty...is it easy to get used to?!
  • tberend
    tberend Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great work and great dedication. You've come a long way in such a short period of time!!!
  • KarleyK
    KarleyK Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Awesome! you look totally different! way to go:smile:
  • PhilyPhresh
    Options
    Thanks Everyone!
    Ok I just Googled Paleo and read the article on nerddiets or whatever. I laughed my *kitten* off the entire time. I just bought the Caveman's Cookbook because I'm definitely going to start MONDAY!!! You look freaking fabulous. In all honesty...is it easy to get used to?!

It really is. It takes some getting used to though... I think it took a few weeks to really break me of my habits and what not... but I have been eating this way for about 10 months, really set into it in March though. I love it! There are so many recipes out there that freaking ROCK also... Feel free to let me know if you need any help with it or need a recipe or anything!
  • BonJody
    BonJody Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, man! Those pics are crazy. I like the profile one, too - really shows muscle definition on your back. Very impressive!
  • PhilyPhresh
    Options
    Thanks Bro! Yeah, I was very excited to see my back picture when it was taken. It is coming along very well!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!