Walking at work- to log or not to log?

Options
Hi, I'm a server at a sports bar. Which means lots of walking and carrying drinks/ food back and forth.

I work 3-4 nights/week. 2 of those nights are 9 hour shifts. And the other range between 6 to 9hr shifts.

I am usually walking around. Sometimes just standing. And I only sit down if I go outside to get some fresh air for a second.

So, should I log my work hours as exercise or not?

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I would suggest changing your activity level to light active, this way it averages out those cals throughout the whole week.
  • MLeigh18
    MLeigh18 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I would suggest changing your activity level to light active, this way it averages out those cals throughout the whole week.

It already is at light activity.
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Your activity level being at lightly active probably covers it. I am on my feet all day as a nursery teacher, I also teach things like dance, yoga and sports during an average day. I have my activity level set at lightly active and log any exercise over and above that.
  • kathijen
    kathijen Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If you log it, will you eat more? I'm a big fan of seeing what happens. So log it, see if you start eating more and see what happens to your fitness/body size. If you're walking and on your feet all day, it's a calorie burner.
    I'm a mom with a part time office job, so I put my activity at light active and only log when I actually exercise (or if I do a "cardio-cleaning session ha ha ha). I figure I do about 4 hours of running around the house like a crazy lady, which could be about 1/2 what you do at your job.
  • jenifermagana
    Options
    i suggest you log everything you do and eat. somtimes we eat that extra snack because we think our cal count is not so accurrate anyways so we might be burning a little more than it says, its an unkown "cussion" you dont want to risk getting into.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't log this. Instead I would make sure your activity level matches your activity level. If you're marked as lightly active those calories you're burning walking around are already accounted for.
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options

If you set yourself as Lightly Active based on your job, logging it would be counting it twice.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options

If you set yourself as Lightly Active based on your job, logging it would be counting it twice.

This. :)