Sensitive Skin

Options
SoDamnHungry
SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
Does anyone with extremely sensitive skin have a good sunscreen/sunscreen lotion that doesn't bother their skin? Everything I've tried has made my face break out into either terrible acne or a rash. Just thought I'd ask opinions since I can't afford to try every single one.

Replies

• Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I've just started using Simple Vital Vitamin face cream. I thought it would make me break out, since it's so thick, but so far so good (about 10 days). It's SPF 15, so not good for a day at the beach, but great for everyday protection. I need to look to see if they make a sunscreen.

PS...I use their facewash too.
  • fit_librarian
    fit_librarian Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I use this: Alba Botanica, SPF 45 Natural Sunblock, Green Tea, 4 oz and I use Burt's Bee's Radiance skin lotion Spf 15 for every day use.
  • blascott
    Options
    I have the same problem and I am now using Cetaphil Daily Moisturizer (SPF 15 & SPF 50 are available). So far so good...been using it for about 2 weeks with no issues.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!

To all three of you: Who carries your product?
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to perfume and don't use products with parabens etc in.

Lush do some good fash cleansers, and if you have Holland & Barrett then they do face masks and face washes etc.

I used to use Simple, but the products I was using had parabens etc in, so I stopped using them. I'm unsure about a good (high) SPF, but Simple *do* do products with SPF...
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I use Goddess Garden, it's 86% organic, and uses Zinc Oxide as the sunscreen. Most of the sunscreens out there contain avobenzone which has been found to be toxic and cause cancer.

Your skin absorbs 60% of whatever is applied to it, so it's not only just sitting on your skin, you are practically ingesting it into your bloodstream.
  • WhatDoesLisa
    Options
    Try CeraVe products. They are great an inexpensive. My dermatologist recommends them over any pricey products. He says that and Retin-A and I will be fine!

You can get in Walmart or any drugstore.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I've just learned to embrace the burn.... I try to hide under long sleeves and a hood for a long as I can.
    Managed to get my lips burnt recently, somehow, though. It sucks lol.