Can someone help me! im in tears.

Options
i feel really stupid about crying, but i have put on 3 pound and it really broke my heart.
i was doin so well and now i have lost all motivation.

i have felt down all week because of it and today i have wanted to cry all day... and now i am crying right now!

i still want to lose 1 stone and im so dissheartened.

i need a plan and i need my motivation back. so so upset right now and i dont really have any support

:(

Replies

• victoriadw84
    victoriadw84 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hey there
    Dont cry and try not to be so hard on yourself. Its a discouraging situation for sure, been there myself but there is so much support and information on this site you will be smiling in no time. How often do you weigh yourself? What are your goals? Have your eating/exercise habits changed?
  • CantarellaMiyani
    CantarellaMiyani Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Look at the tagline in your profile. You KNOW you can do it.

And think about the things that are easier for you now than they were - stairs, swinging your adorable baby around, pushing that stroller. Think about how your arms are looking more toned, and your butt is getting nice and firm. And think about the progress you've made so far - you're almost halfway to goal!

A setback on the scale can be really depressing. But you're moving in the right direction, and sometimes all that number means is that you're getting stronger, or ate too much salt this week. It'll move back down, as long as you keep doing the right things. You've got this.
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Aw sweety! Sorry this made you so sad.
    But WOW you lost 22lb that's great! Don't give up, look at what you've achieved so far. You can pick yourself up again. We all have blips. X x
  • hatethisweight22
    Options
    thank u.
    i suppose my eating habits have changed, i am not as strict i was when i 1st starting losing.
    however i still lost a pound a week when i gave myself some treats. i dont go overboard but now i have lost motivation to go strict again.
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I hope this doesn't sound harsh but if you are going to get discouraged over something as little as 3 pounds I don't know how you can succeed. That's a normal fluctuation.
  • arae8274
    arae8274 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We all have our blips. Good job for losing 22lbs! That's amazing. You have come so far already. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and move forward. Hang in there.
  • OK_Girl
    OK_Girl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    oh honey, I know just how you feel.
    is it your time of the month?

I only started a few days ago. My first week, I tried so dang hard- I was on vacation and exercising like mad, and eating in my calorie limits- when I came home I fully expected to have lost weight. I was devistated that I had gained 4 lbs!

But it was my time of the month and only a few days later- I am back down 4 lbs. Could it be that?

3 lbs is not a whole lot and is withing a normal fluctuation. I bet if you weighed yourself next week you would see some or all of it is gone. Try to cut down on salt, it makes you bloat.
  • Tkichler
    Tkichler Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm having one of those weeks too. I am blaming sodium and some water retention!! I haven't cheated and the Hubz used a bunch of season salt two nights in a row on supper. I finally had to tell him to just leave mine plain. You can do it, crying (although it may feel good at the time) won't help, probably just make you feel worse. Hang in there, it will get back on track!! This is just a tiny little speed bump!
  • TriClaudia
    TriClaudia Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hhhhmmm. Gained three pounds. Tears. Beware the hormones! They will trick you every time. You've lost 22 lbs. That's real weight loss. Three pounds could be fluctuation because of water retention. Some movement could help with all of the above. Take a walk or a bike ride -- whatever you like. I find that usually helps balance my emotions so I can regroup. What's your strategy? Don't let three little pounds derail it!
  • OK_Girl
    Options
    I hope this doesn't sound harsh but if you are going to get discouraged over something as little as 3 pounds I don't know how you can succeed. That's a normal fluctuation.

agreed. normal fluctuation!
  • SelenityJ
    SelenityJ Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Could it be that you've built up some muscle as well? Also do you see your doctor regularly to make sure things like your thyroid aren't going out of wack? I see my doctor once a month at least so they can help monitor my weight loss and do the appropriate blood tests.
  • Shamrock_me
    Options
    Hey if you are serious about wanting help open up your diary to public so people can see what you eat how much you exercise.
    I didn't want to do this at first either but I find that if I think about my people seeing my diary and how I eat that it gives me a little incentive to be a better eater.

I've been there - a lot of people here have gained and struggled, lost & cheered. Don't feel alone and don't let it get you emotional because that just makes the comfort food harder to resist. You can do it so don't give up. *hugs*
  • AmyJMadison
    AmyJMadison Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I see your motivation sitting right there with an adorable smile in your Avi! What an angelic child! I find it is easier to be motivated when I am not overwhelmed with my diet. Perhaps you could plan your meals ahead to be strict again and then try to fill your time with something else you enjoy to both make you smile again and get back on track. We are all doing this to make ourselfs look and feel better! So don't worry about this little blip and go do something you love!
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Just don't let this be the beginning of the end. I've yo yo'd for years and every time it's the increase in food, and no increase in weight that gets me off again. Then suddenly the weight is back again.

I don't know what you've been doing to lose weight but maybe try something different. If you're just watching calories maybe start watching just fat. Or maybe start grazing all day, that's supposed to get your metabolism going (the 6 little meals instead of 3 larger ones.) If you haven't tried it, then try having your biggest meals earlier - I'm not a breakfast eater, but it is amazing how when I eat a big one I don't really feel hungry at lunch - or a big lunch makes eating a tiny dinner easy.

I see you've already lost a lot of weight so you know how to do it. Don't stop now. I've only been doing it for 5 weeks now and I hope someone re-motivates me when the weight starts coming off slower - or I show an increase one week.
  • cragen01
    cragen01 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It happens. It's just another challenge for you to work through. Don't think of it as a setback, think of it as a way to keep you motivated. When I gain a few pounds I look at it as "3 pounds?!...I don't think so" and work that much harder to take it back off. Before you know the 3 are gone as well as a few others.
  • trk1971
    Options
    I'm new to this site and I'm so sorry your down. I have been so down in the past about my weight, I can relate. Just remember, one day at a time, and if you fall get right back up. I know its very frustrating when you get on the scale, and you've gained weight right back after working so hard to reach your goals. Think of the postive things you've already done for your body, and at least its only 3 lbs, which the human body can flucuate 5lbs daily. Just keep moving ahead, and if you mess up just know that no one is perfect!!!
  • Lahdidahdah
    Options
    First off, you are doing great! And it is really hard when you have been eating so strictly, lose weight, and then allow yourself treats, only to find you have gained!
    I allow myself a small treat at the end of every week. I have learned by allowing myself this little guilty pleasure, it is much easier to be faithful to the good eating habits during the week.
    Just my 2 cents. . .hold your head up, you are 22 lbs. lighter than you were. . .
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Make your diary public so we can make suggestions. On the other hand 3 lbs is nothing. You can store that much water easily and a week later it's gone.
  • OK_Girl
    Options
    Also, if you are um, backed up at all- that can easily add 3-5 lbs. I speak from experience!
  • SusanLovesToEat
    SusanLovesToEat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Totally feel your pain :-((

After the euphoria of losing the first big chunk of weight I was over the moon but now it seems I've stalled (which is totally normal and why MFP is a great support system because others have been there).

Unfortunately I was stupid enough to take my "progress photos" and when I saw them in technicolor, on my screen, I was depressed the entire day as I still have so far to go.

WELL I'M NOT DOING THAT AGAIN! I'm tired of focusing on my failures and perceived inadequacies! I'm tired of jumping on the scale every day and letting the number determine my selfworth!

Take a long look at what you’ve accomplished! You’re young and have a beautiful child. You’re well on your way to achieving your goal so don’t let a down day derail you!

As I tell my husband, you can be as down on yourself as you want but for every bad thing you say (or think) you have to say something good about yourself. Try this. It’ll be difficult at first as the negative stuff is easier to conjure up but soon it will be a pleasant habit which will enhance your mood rather than give into it.