New and have a long road ahead!

Options
Hi, I'm new. My name is Marissa and I like food. Seriously, I love food. Obviously that is why I am here. I gained about 60lbs with my first pregnancy and never managed to lose any of it. I have struggled with eating disorders my entire life and I am trying to lose weight the right way this time. I need all the help and motivation anyone is willing to give! Thanks for reading!

Replies

• abargen2012
    Options
    Im here with you! :)
  • kit8806
    kit8806 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Motivation is the best way to go! I have a long road ahead of myself as well!
  • garcia_we88
    garcia_we88 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am new as well. I think it can be done with hard work and support. Feel free to add me.
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Good luck on your journey. Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • CynGoddess
    CynGoddess Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    welcome. I have met awesome supportive people here I know you will too. feel free to add me. I am half way finished with my journey and still going strong.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I lost 60 lbs, you can read about it on bobbies fitness and I am not a seller or marketer but I'm passionate about fitness and sharing my success with other because I struggled with it most of my life and finally achieved my goal at age 50. I'm 51 now.

Anyway this whole weight loss journey is all about learning how to ENJOY LIFE and ENJOY FOOD and be healthier. Nothing else matters!

Best of Luck!
  • Ja0Nelle
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am 24 and have gained 50lbs...please feel free to add me. I am really in need of friends and support. I constantly struggle with my weight. Hopefully I will get it right this time around!
  • iheartcamandkin
    Options
    Im here with you! :)

Hi friend!
  • 4rollie
    Options
    Don't you want to be healthy & be able to set a good example for your child ? Don't be like me, I was never able to get back to pre pregnancy weight...my daughter is now, gulp 31...still trying..hang in there
  • CjsWifey
    Options
    Hello, This is the second time I have joined MFP, the first time I lost 35 pounds, I am hoping to get there again.. Need all the support I can get. Add me if you like!
  • Ja0Nelle
    Options
    I sent you a friend request :)
  • jjburdick
    jjburdick Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Here for your support!! you can add me :happy:
  • iheartcamandkin
    Options
    I sent you a friend request :)

I accepted ;)
  • ShaeShae777
    Options
    Hi I'm Shanna and I just recently started on here. I've been overweight most of my life to then find out I have metabolic syndrome. I need to loose weight so I can get off the meds and be in good Health. I am also to be married October next year so I am working very hard at this, gotta get my dress by Jan Feb 2013! Good Luck with everything!
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Good luck & stick to it, it can be done if you follow thru and combine some physical activity with keeping your calories in check. I'm honestly not the healthiest eater, as I hate veggies and don't eat salad. I have had good results however by reducing my carb intake and keeping my carlies in check. I spend my calorie budget on food and not empty calories, aside from when I drink wine/beer/cocktails. So, no sodas except maybe once every few weeks, as a desert.

Put the app on your phone and hold yourself accountable. You are your best chance of success, so stay the course, and in time, you will make the changes into your new lifestyle and eating better/working out will become less of a hassle, and more of your typical daily routine.
  • Constantina33
    Options
    Welcome to the forum ! I just joined as well. I can relate to you because I have struggled with disorders for most of my life as well. I got to a very healthy stage and was close to my goals, when I slipped up and returned to the rollercoaster of disordered eating and inconsistency. I'd love to keep in touch with you and we can help encourage each other on this journey ! We can do this !

I recently gained 18 lbs. from my disordered eating ( since only May ) and need to lose that plus about 5-10 lbs to be back where I need to be. Keep the faith and take it one step at a time !