Questions about Insanity

Options
1. What shoes are you wearing, I have to do it in my basement and that is cement and my feet her killing me.
2. Ladies out there, when they do push ups do you do girl push ups or what to you do.

Thanks in advance !!

Replies

• fitbugfreak
    fitbugfreak Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 12 of Insanity and do it in my basement because that is the only place I have to move around. I do regular push-ups and thanks to P90X I can do at least 20 minimum if not more on my toes! Practice, practice, practice - You can do it!!!
  • cjhart81
    cjhart81 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I am rubbish at the push ups.. but i do what i can.. im sure it will get easier :D
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    Options
    im at the end of the third week now and i wear my running shoes i also do it on a hard floor and i find them ok. i try to do the proper push ups i sometimes when i cant physically do more cheat and do lady push ups but im getting loads better now
  • cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I did most of the push-ups on my toes, but sometimes I had to go down on my knees to do a couple more.

Make sure your tennis shoes are appropriate for high impact exercises. There is a lot of jumping involved and you don't want to hurt your knees.
  • RMCoffey
    Options
    Get some good mats - that will help with your feet! I workout barefoot.

you may be doing girl push ups now but you will be doing real ones sooner than you think with this program! Good luck and stick with it - you'll be glad you did :smile:
  • SlimPossible8
    SlimPossible8 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    i do regular push ups until my arms just cant anymore then i go to girly if i have to. I hate that but id rather keep going then just sit and rest more. I did insanity in my garage with regular running shoes. If you have sore feet you may just need to stretch your ankle and toes out more after you're finished.
  • slimsconie
    Options
    I can do the same one the fellas do. I'm now doing Insanity & Insanity Asylum. IT'S NOT A JOKE AND HE'S NOT PLAYING !!!! Just pace yourself until you're comforatable and keep going. That's what I did.

slimSCONIE
  • SirRunningShorts
    SirRunningShorts Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I wear either cross trainer type shoes... or lightweight running shoes. Mainly Adidas Running shoes,adiZero they are called. I am doing mine in my garage. I want good padding and decent support.
    About to start week 6!!!!
  • xochelseaox
    Options
    Running shoes or cross trainers ; Shaun T tells you the shoes you're supposed to wear on the very first DVD :)
    Also for the push-ups; do the regular style push-ups, even if you can't do them to the same intensity as the people on the DVD.

I am now on my 2nd round of Insanity and the push-ups get easier! You'll surprise yourself when your'e actually able to do real push ups after following the workout regiment for a bit. I wish you the best of luck
  • azwaa
    azwaa Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of super light runners, in hot pink, with gel insoles. I like how light they for all those plyometrics are and the gel really helps with the impact. I picked mine up at SportCheck in Canada.
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    I would get some good mats and workout barefoot. Feels so much better imo.

My girl did Insanity with me. Her first time ever doing a workout program and she did all the pushup exercises the normal way.

If you have to use shoes, get some cross trainers. I like the Reebok Realflex, but you should try several brands out. Just do some power jumps when you put them on. People will look at you weird in the store haha
  • Jenniferrose194
    Jenniferrose194 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I also am doing it on hard floors but I wear my regular running shoes. When I first started Insanity I could barely do 1 pushup, and now that I have finished I'm definitely able to do a lot more!
  • angeltg
    angeltg Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I wear my running shoes. Lots of cushioning :) I also do it in my basement but I have laminate flooring over the cement.
  • formerlynobel
    formerlynobel Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I do Insanity in socks on carpet. Seems to have worked for me... never had an issue because I'm a stickler about form.

As for push-ups, I do them the normal way and can mostly keep up, but when I can't I slow down or work to failure and then keep trying... believe me, your muscles get a workout just by trying.... but just be careful if you start getting too sloppy.