bad weekend

Options
I had been doing so good with eating well and exercising last week, and I felt great! Then this weekend came and I went out and got drinks and ate too much.....I didn't even log it all because it was wayyyy over my daily intake, and I know that I can feel good sticking to the daily intake. Now I just feel like this si going to happen every weekend and it's kind of hopeless. I do like to go out and relax on the weeekends but I think it's just going to keep my weight constant if I'm good all week and do that every weekend! Any suggestions?

Replies

• Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem
  • swissdutchess
    Options
    Give yourself one day off. Then get back on track. Before you eat/drink anything, think, "Will I log this into MFP?" Today is new. :)
  • trishara
    Options
    I try to be good during the week. I don't try to go over board on the weekends, but I give myself one day out of the weekend. I just get back on track again come Monday. It actually helps me and I am still losing weight.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Learn from your transgression. Log EVERYTHING, EVERYDAY. Even if you have to guess. If you know you are going to HAVE to log it, maybe you will think twice about putting it in your mouth. PLAN. If you know you are going out and going to be eating more than usual, go easy the day before, try to get some extra cardio in, and if you have to, go easy the day after too. You can still live your life and be successful at weight loss. My ticker proves this can be done.
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I too go a bit craxy on the weekends, but I do log it all in. What helps me is that during the week I do not log in my exercise calories, I just stay within the 1440 that MFP allows me. Oddly, since I have started doing this, I have actually been eating/drinking less on the weekends. The message here is accountability and the fact that it is okay to have "bad weekends". You just can't have "bad weeks" or "bad months" lol.
  • cvtga
    cvtga Posts: 118
    Options
    Nobody is perfect. We will al have days when we go over, so be it. The idea is to have more good days then bad,if you can do that you will be successful. I know your worried about this becoming a weekend habit, but the simple fact that it bothered you so much this week tells me that you won't go so overboard again.
  • KatieKitchens
    Options
    I am just glad to hear other people have bad weekends, too!! Like everyone said, just dust yourself off and start over. It happens. Who knows - you might have still lost weight over the weekend! :)
  • skinnybythesea
    skinnybythesea Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    We all have that problem. I believe that as long as you are extremely good during the week and don't totally blow it every weekend the weight will come off, a little slower. The worst thing you can do is give up and go completely off the wagon. So pick yourself up and brush of the guilt and get back on the wagon. I had to do the same thing this week!
  • vlheral
    vlheral Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I feel a lot better. I got back into eating healthy and every few hours today (I'd been sick mon and tues) and went back to the gym today. I worked a little harder than usual and feel a lot better. Thanks for all the advice :)