Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!

Options
2»

Replies

• Hollsjazzy
    Hollsjazzy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    HAVE YOU TRIED CACO NIBBLETS? THEY ARE THE NATURAL FORM OF CHOCOLATE. THEY TASTE A LITTLE NUTTY, BUT REAL YUMMY IN YOGURT AND GRANOLA. THE HIGHER THE CACO % THE BETTER ITS SUPPOSED TO BE FOR YOU. ;-) SRY ABOUT YELLING!! BUT I LOVE MY CHOCOLATE! LOL =-)
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Types of chocolate I incorporate regularly:
    Dark chocolate dreams peanut butter
    Chocolate protein powder
    Cacao nibs (which I have in trail mix as a substitute for chocolate chips.

Occasionally my period drives me to get a candy bar, but the above handle my damn near insatiable sweet tooth pretty well :)
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth therefore there must be room in my lifestyle for it. Not always room in my calories but always room in my life. I make it work
  • bullisnn82
    Options
    if you only eat one square it's hardly even worth mentioning - I on the other hand can put me away some chocolate. For me, yes, it is a problem
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Well since this is my new plan for life, I don't plan on giving up chocolate...EVER. Realistically, I know I won't ever stick that.

So I have some often. Just a lot less than I used to, and it's mostly always under cals!
  • rayraex
    Options
    Your diet will be easier to stick to if you can still incorporate the things you love. As long as you are still meeting your calorie goals and not over-endulging, you should be fine :)
  • Arunakae
    Options
    Dark chocolate is a superfood. It is surprisingly high in antioxidants. Studies have shown it may improve cardiovascular function, reduce blood pressure, prevent plaque build up in your arteries. It reduces black acids that cause tooth decay. Dark chocolate has a low glycemic index similar to that of oatmeal

Cocoa and chocolate naturally contain iron, One average dark chocolate bar can deliver nearly 12 percent of your daily magnesium requirement. and 14% of your daily intake of copper. Chocolate also contains potassium. And one serving of milk chocolate provides approximately 8 percent of the required daily allowance for calcium.

A diet that is rich with MUFAs (monounsaturated fatty acids) can help reduce belly fat. And MUFAs can be found in dark chocolate.

Thank you so much! This is so informational. I used to only eat dark chocolate, I'm definitely going back to that!