thigh excersizes

Options
Hi I am really looking for excersizes to tone my inner and outter thighs. ANy suggestions other than lunges?

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Squats and eating right.
  • tequilasunris3
    Options
    SQUAAAATS!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Squats and eating right.

This.

Barbell squats. Three times a week. A little heavier each time. Look up 'so you think you can squat' on youtube.
  • LeggyAmericanGirl
    LeggyAmericanGirl Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    jumping jacks, step aerobics, leg scissors, stairs, running, host of other lower body exercises.

my thighs were mainly toned with squatting. I would focus on a plie squat or sumo squat they target the thigh
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
  • luzmidd
    luzmidd Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Tone it up lean legs pyramid:

20 Squats
    30 Lunges
    40 Toe touches
    50 Second wall sit
    100 Jumping Jacks
    50 Second wall sit
    40 Toe touches
    30 Lunges
    20 Squats.

You'll have beautiful legs after just one month of doing this everyday! And it only takes about 15 minutes!
  • sjcook23
    sjcook23 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Inner thigh: turn both feet outward at a 45 degree angle, now do squats. You can also go down and pulse during all commercials, as as you watch TV.

Inner thigh: Also you can lay down face up and lift foot off ground about a foot and then draw a box with your foot, go right, down, left, back up. Do both legs.

Outer: lay on your side, curl your knees and bring them up to 90 degrees - you'll be sitting in an L shape. Now lift outer thigh about 4 to 6 inches, repeat. Once you get good at this, straighten the leg you are lifting.

Outer: doggie lift. Get on all fours and lift leg as if peeing like a dog, repeat. You can add a kick back after the lift if you are ambitious.

There are apps for exercising every part of your body. you can program the length of time and it will take you through different exercises with video.
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Bumping to read later.
  • tequilasunris3
    Options
    bump
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    squats & deadlifts
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Bump ........I just noticed some not so cute dimples on my legs, found this post at the perfect time!
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    For real. I squat A LOT at work to get to the bottom shelves (I work in a warehouse for 10 hour shifts). I may have lost maybe a half inch off my thighs in the 2 months I've been working there. Seems like the fat wants to leave everywhere else first and THEN get to my thighs. *le siiiigh*
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options

ANy suggestions other than lunges?

Sorry.......squats and lunges.......lunges and squats.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Do you use weights with your lunches? I want to cry after I finish 3 sets of 8 with 50#. Also find "Step ups" with weights (basically just step up and down with same leg onto knee high platform) to be beneficial. And of course, barbel squats. Lots and lots of these.
  • LoraMora
    LoraMora Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Run up roller coaster hills.

My 5 mile course goes up and down 3 large steep hills, with a few smaller rolling ones in between. 3x per week.

I was just trying to burn calories, but about 6 weeks in I couldn't help but notice some major changes to my thigh muscles.

If you are a walker, incorporate some hills into your walk and when you get to the bottom, run up the hill and then continue walking.

As a pear shaped person who's thighs tend to accumulate all the fat, this has completely re-shaped the appearance of my thighs. While I still have some fat left, you can tell there is an iron-man muscular structure underneath it. Slowly but surely the fat is receding to reveal it!
  • lindsiswatchingyou
    Options
    Tone it up lean legs pyramid:

20 Squats
    30 Lunges
    40 Toe touches
    50 Second wall sit
    100 Jumping Jacks
    50 Second wall sit
    40 Toe touches
    30 Lunges
    20 Squats.

You'll have beautiful legs after just one month of doing this everyday! And it only takes about 15 minutes!

Awesome suggestion! I'm going to incorporate this into my push-up night when I'm not jogging to mix it up.
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Other than squats and lunges, the Exhale: Core Fusion Thighs & Glutes dvd is fabulous and gives results FAST!!! Plus it's broken up into 5 10-minute segments so it's great if you're short on time and can only do a segment or two a day.