Support group for people 200+ pounds

Options
My well established, closed group is opening up for new members. We have a new 6 week challenge beginning this weekend - we are debating whether to do an exercise time challenge vs ave a number of steps per day vs accountability partners. The group has been going strong for about 3 years. Some of us have successfully made it into the 100 club and others are working to get there. We ask that you post to the group at least once a week.

Respond on this thread or drop me a PM if you are interested in joining our group. We will be limiting the number of people that we ask to join in order to keep our group more personable and manageable.

I look forward to getting to know some new faces.

Victoria

Replies

• hkallembach
    Options
    Bump!
  • andie2013
    Options
    I want to join
  • amglew
    amglew Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to join :-)
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I'm hovering just over 200 right now (started a long time ago at 227) - would love to solidly get down to a healthier weight. (I'm only 5' 3.5", so I'm still a good 60 lbs from where I want to be). Could I join?
  • brittyboo07
    brittyboo07 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I would like to join!
  • CAW210
    Options
    I would like to join
  • cbuchanan0117
    Options
    Is this still happening? I would love to join.
  • dvelocity
    dvelocity Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. I am 5'3" weigh 238.
  • naner61
    Options
    HI if you have any spots left I would love to join
  • missionchange
    Options
    I'd love to join :)
  • jadegem_2002
    jadegem_2002 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i would like to join
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    I appreciate the large number of responses to people wanting to join our group. We have opened the group up in the past and had many "fly by nighters" that post once or twice and drop out. If you are serious about joining our group and are in this for the long haul please read further. At this time, our group is all women and some of our discussions can get into some areas men might might feel uncomfortable reading. The group can be time consuming as we will have a separate spread sheet to fill out that lists things like cal consumed, time/type/cal burned with ex, weigh in, etc. We want people that will actively join in discussions - preferably daily but weekly at a minimum. Our group ranges from someone just starting college, to a recent engagement, to people married 20+ years. Many of us read, jog, have done P90X or Insanity, play softball, garden and more.

In order to find people that will fit into our group, we would ask that you either post or PM me information about yourself, your weight loss journey so far, and why you want to join our group. The more information the better. We plan to open the group up for 5 to 10 people.

We try and limit the group size to 30 so that we can be friends and support each other. Thank you again for the interest in our group.

Victoria

(Hailie - thanks for Bumping it!!!)
  • jadegem_2002
    Options
    i would love for the group to be small. every group i get in is always so huge and i stop going. if there happens to be a person i do connect with we just friend request each other. so to more small and personal the better. On another note. anyone good with meal planning? im going shopping today and want to have a good shopping list before i head out. i would so love to have a shopping partner
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Bump
  • jadegem_2002
    Options
    what does bump mean?
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Early welcome to possible new faces for the group! :smile:
  • jadegem_2002
    Options
    i hoping to meet new ppl and build bonds. i really need support
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Bump is word people use when they want to "bump" their topic back to the top of the list recent post list so that more people have a chance to see and comment on it.
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump!!

Lots of potential new faces, I love it! Looking forward to getting to know some of you better later!

(And Pinbotchick is not kidding... the topics of conversation get super intense and in depth... I think we may actually know more about each other than anyone else in the world! Which is saying something!)
  • ayunrn
    Options
    Hi, My name is Ann and I weight about 260 lbs. I am learning to be abstinent from compulsive overeating. I have been a compulsive over eater as long as I can remember and am on a path of abstinence from this compulsion. I would love to talk with others that are seeking to end the addiction of compulsive overeating.