How often do you weigh/measure yourself?

Options
I was just wondering how often you all weigh and/or measure yourself. I want to find a healthy balance and not get obsessed. I have a history of seriously disordered eating that I don't care to repeat! :blushing:

Replies

• columbus27
    columbus27 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Every few weeks.
  • jamacattack
    jamacattack Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week... don't measure that often though.
  • ecgotfit
    ecgotfit Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    my scale is broke so i'm not weigh in for a month. Oh god, i dont want to neither!! :D
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    weigh myself every wednesday. I only just got a tape measure recently so I took my measurements before I started Ripped in 30. I will take them again after, which will also be my P90X "before" measurements.
  • Kristan_Forsey
    Kristan_Forsey Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I weigh and measure every Tuesday (once a week) in the morning. I measure then too. Unless it is that TOM.
  • DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Used to be daily. Now twice a week...Monday and Thursday :0)

Pictures and measurements on the 1st of each month.
  • BodyCombatGirl73
    BodyCombatGirl73 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I check weight every day, but mostly because I am trying to see the ebbs and flows of the daily/weekly ups and downs now that I am into maintenance. I don't obssess over it though. In terms of measuring, I was doing every two weeks or so, but now to every month since things are slowing down and I know for a fact my waist cannot physically get any smaller than it is! Now my hips are another story altogether! :grumble:
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I workout at Curves and they weigh you and take measurements every 25 workouts which works out to be about once a month. I find that works well for me. I weigh my food every day so as long as I know I'm eating properly I don't need to obsess about the fluctuations on the scale. I don't know how people can put themselves through that every day.
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    It used to be every day, and then every other day... now once a week - sometimes once a fortnight.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Currently, the last Wed of every month.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and log it in a separate app so I can look for trends (sodium, hormones, etc) On MFP I log my weight, BF%, and measurements every Friday.
  • konerusp
    konerusp Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday ,but i dont let the weight intimidate me.I understand the scale weight has many other factors contributing to it like
    1.Sodium
    2.Low calorie
    3.Hydration
    4.TOM
    5.Weight lifting
    6.New workout routine
    7.Other hormonal

I just measure every day to observe patterns-i record them on a spreadsheet and take an average of them for the week.compare it previous weeks weight.
  • gobraves47
    gobraves47 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I weigh pretty much every time I walk into the bathroom, and I measure every 2 weeks. I know the weighing is too much, but I'm curious and never get discouraged by the normal ups/downs.
  • AlyssaJoJo
    AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Since I'm bigger I do it once a week. I just started measuring but I think I'm going to do that once a week or once every two weeks. I mostly just started it so during those moments where the weight isn't dropping I can still see that my body is changing as a boost. I find that when things come to a stand still I feel defeated and that's normally when I binge.
  • hooperlious1955
    Options
    I weigh myself once aweek in the morning before breakfst. If you can try to void and the other thing if you can, every ounce counts.
  • 18guyhornet
    18guyhornet Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Scales lie! The best way to see and measure progress is a combination of weighing in AND taking measurements.

I used to be obsessed with it but now I weigh in about every 2-3 weeks and take measurements every 4-6 weeks.
  • laizaone
    Options
    Twice a week. Friday to see my progress from the week and to keep a mental note to behave on the weekend and Monday to see the damage i did over the weekend. It helps and I dont drive myself crazy over it.
  • Once a week, specifically every Monday morning.
  • muamontreal
    muamontreal Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Weight : once a week
    Measurements : oups ...Forgot last week ...

Maybe I'll try every 14 days because the more I am close to my goal, the slower the weight loss will be and it's gonna drive me crazy !
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    every MOnday at my doctors office for free! Make sure you wiegh yourself on the same scale everytime too.