HELP!!!

Options
I am new to MFP but definitely not new to trying to lose weight. I need help, lots of help with losing weight. I use to be the one pushing everyone else and motivating them. Now, Im the one that can't seem to stay focus or get the motivation to stick with losing weight. I know its beneficial but its so hard to keep on track. Any pointers would be sooo grateful!!!!

Replies

• AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I don't know any pointers. Like you, I find it hard to stay on track sometimes. But, I do know having plenty of motivation seems to help. The MFP friends I have made so far (over the last 2 or 3 days) seem to be a great asset. Feel free to add me. Maybe we can encourage each other.
  • 62clpowell
    62clpowell Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Please free to add me if you'd like I will do my best in trying to keep you motivated & on track on your journey here :-) you can do this for sure!! :wink:
  • clw_888
    clw_888 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    The biggest tip or pointer that works for me is simply to TRACK EVERYTHING I EAT! If I track, I am so conscious of calories and I lose. If I don't track then I stray from my plan and don't see results. So if you eat it, write it!
  • lindamajewski
    Options
    Hi, my name is Linda and I have been doing mfp for a few months and right now I am super motivated. Had a few plateaus, but they were all my fault. Sometimes when being bad I didn't write things down, and I learned that I was only hurting myself. I think if you are to be successful, you must be honest with yourself and with everyone else. Always, no matter what, write it down. If you decide consciously that you want to go out to eat, and you know that you will go over on your calories, and it doesn't happen all of the time, still write it down and you will be okay. Also it took me a few months to realize the importance of exercising and being honest about the calorie burn. If you need extra calories in your day, even if you go and take a brisk 30 minute walk, you will be helping yourself, and you will get your metabolism revving at a higher speed.

Well I have stepped off my soapbox for now, but please please please, feel free to ask for help at any time. I am retired so I am usually home all day and night. BTW I live in New Mexico, where do you live?

Linda
  • Irene2ted
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I so need to do this! My body aches every day and I hate looking at myself in the mirror!!!!
  • Irene2ted
    Options
    "So if you eat it, write it!" I love this quite...it will be my saying every day now!!!
  • trm5482
    Options
    Irene I am going to start to post recipes daily to my wall and all of my recipes are low fat and some are gluten free! I will be more than happy to help you in your journey!

http://tickers.myfitnesspal.com/ticker/show/1484/552/14840552.png[/img][/url]
  • berryjk
    berryjk Posts: 120
    Options
    i'm a pretty competitive and goal oriented person, so setting goals was and still is my biggest motivator by far. The gym I attend has challenges every so many months so I take part in those to keep me focused and on track
  • cinner506
    Options
    TRACK everything!! This includes any Vitamins that may have calories! Find foods that are filling! example: 1 cup of mushrooms are 35 calories, 1 cup of grape tomatoes is 30 calories 1 cup of frozen green beans with no butter is 35 calories 1 cup of frozen fruit is 70 calories!
  • Irene2ted
    Options
    trm5482....Thank you so much!!! I would be interested in all recipes you may have!

cinner506...I am trying to keep track of everything! Biggest problem is to remember to record everything and to stop snacking!!!