Best Protein Shakes for after a workout

Options
:wink: I am looking for the best protein shakes for after a workout. I need something portable because we don't have a fridge at work and I will drinking it right after my workout which is during my lunch hr. Tx

Replies

• Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I've tried Syntha 6 by BSN. It's a powder that you add water to so it's pretty easy to make at work. It's VERY tastey.

I've also tried Premiere Nurtitions Chocolate Protein shake. That comes in it's own container so that might work also. It's a little pricey though......18 for $23 at costco.

They both taste delish in my opinion.
  • Trav
    Trav Posts: 2,022
    Options
    I've tried Syntha 6 by BSN. It's a powder that you add water to so it's pretty easy to make at work. It's VERY tastey.

I've also tried Premiere Nurtitions Chocolate Protein shake. That comes in it's own container so that might work also. It's a little pricey though......18 for $23 at costco.

Yeah I agree...BSN Syntha 6 all the way
  • sincereme
    sincereme Posts: 276
    Options

Where can I get this?
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    I walk the treadmill at work for my lunch and drink the Kirkland Milk Chocolate shakes from CostCo. Its a 26 pack (i think) of cans for $15. Its a weight loss shake. Not sure if thats what you are looking for but thought I would share with you anyways.
  • femalearcher
    Options
    You can get it anywhere. Ebay seems to be the cheapest that i could find. But beware, when i used it, it seemed to hinder weight loss...it does taste very good, i think that is a problem....it seems to have alot of fillers in it. I dunno, it could be just me, but i would read reviews on it. I use the ON (Optimum Nutrition), mixed with fat free milk, this stuff is pretty good and you can pick it up at WalMart. Its the Gold Standard Whey. I personally like the mocha cappuccino.
  • Trav
    Options
    Where can I get this?

U can get it at GNC....or online

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bsn/synth.html
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I use the EAS carb-vantage shakes. They have 17 g of protein, 110 calories, and 2 g of carbs. I like the french vanilla but haven't tried the other ones. I drink them cold or warm, it doesn't matter to me.
  • sincereme
    Options
    I walk the treadmill at work for my lunch and drink the Kirkland Milk Chocolate shakes from CostCo. Its a 26 pack (i think) of cans for $15. Its a weight loss shake. Not sure if thats what you are looking for but thought I would share with you anyways.

Thanks. I will look into it. I just want something for right after my workout.
  • femalearcher
    Options
    I hate to be the downer...but as for the Kirkland shakes, have you read the nutrition facts on these? There are 38 grams of sugar in them. You have to watch out for all that sugar, it really can hinder losing any weight.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options

Ohhh I'm going to have to try the syntha, whats the best flavor? I use whey but I'm getting sick of it...
  • sincereme
    Options
    Thanks for all the info.

My schedule will be like this:

Breakfast
    Snack
    Workout - Lunchtime
    Post Workout Snack

about 1.5 hrs later my lunch

dinner

im looking for something to supplement me post workout

I will look into all the items listed and choose the best one for me. I need to lose weight too.
  • Trav
    Options

Ohhh I'm going to have to try the syntha, whats the best flavor? I use whey but I'm getting sick of it...

chocolate...its awesome
  • roydavidson
    Options
    Herbalife formula One works for me, I use it with unsweetened soya milk. Comes in 6 different flavours and has has all the protein I need without excess sugar. Tastes great too.
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I use Gold Standard 100% Whey. The Vanilla Ice Cream or Double Rich Chocolate. There is only 1gm sugar 120calories 24gm protein and 3gm fat. There is no additives in these two flavors. This is the only two my trainer will let me drink because of the ingredients in most of the other ones.
  • femalearcher
    Options
    I used the Mochaccino, it really was very, very yummy
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options

chocolate...its awesome

Thanks! I'm going to stop by gnc later.
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    I use Gold Standard 100% Whey. The Vanilla Ice Cream or Double Rich Chocolate. There is only 1gm sugar 120calories 24gm protein and 3gm fat. There is no additives in these two flavors. This is the only two my trainer will let me drink because of the ingredients in most of the other ones.

Where can you get this?
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options

chocolate...its awesome

I second the chocolate, it's DELICIOUS.

For the on the go drinks, I'll use the EAS carb control. The chocolate fudge and dark chocolate is pretty good.
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    now I am confused.... Do protein shakes hinder weight loss? Or is it mostly based on consumption of calories?
  • abredbenner
    abredbenner Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I use Myoplex lite. they taste good but they are the only ones I ever used. I buy them pre mixed (more expensive but I am lazy)