Hi - just joined today - Hello

Options
Hi All, I'm new to this site - stumbled upon it and decided to give it a try. I might even blog if I dare -

This is another wrinkle in a very long weight loss journey - my whole life I've been trying to lose that 10 pounds and now it's turned into 20. I have tried so many programs and start out strong but lose my motivation. That is the whole crux for me - I know how to lose weight - but don't seem to have the motivation to stay with it. You would think with all my negative body thoughts I would stay driven but I must like the idea of hitting myself over the head over and over again with the same hammer.

They say "strength in numbers" so I'm relying on the community here to pull me along.

Looking forward to a successful journey.

B^C

Replies

• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Anyone and everyone can feel free to add me as a friend!
  • katerinalovley
    Options
    hi am new as well am 19 years old i have been struggling with my weight since the age of 5 am a big yoyo dieter.know that your not alone my weight goal is 120 lbs i am 181lbs hope you make it threw this long journey and good luck too you
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Feel free to add me as well. We're all on a journey of some kind here.
  • qnbeezzz
    qnbeezzz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I've been doing this since mid January and have had significant (for me) success! You will find a lot of support on this site and u should check out the FB page too.

Have fun with it! My motivating line is: It is about discipline, not deprivation! This app helps you find a way to fit in the goodies and still keep on track :smile:
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    *waves*

Best of luck to you!
  • candctaber
    Options
    Welcome! Best of luck to you on your weightloss journey!
  • PrettyMindy14
    PrettyMindy14 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • sparkie51
    sparkie51 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    This site has helped me tremendously,from support to recipes to maintaining my diary. Best of luck!:smile:
  • levstein
    Options
    Welcome you will like it here I'm sure lots of support and an accountability that keeps you on track. You are in the same age bracket as me so I will add you as a friend and we can help each other.
  • sexikc
    sexikc Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    You will love it here...people are so supportive and give you ideas about EVERYTHING...I love this site. Welcome!
  • acop111
    Options
    Hello, I am new here. Just signed up to day. I am pretty excited about it. I have been struggling for YEARS with my weight ..... Up and down and then Up again. I'm not very good at the whole self motivation and will power thing.. My main problem was that I am a soda junkie lol.. I would have at least 6 to 9 cokes a day for about 15 years....... 11 days no soda and going strong. I just can't do it anymore. I'm not as young as I used to be. Weight loss is hard. I am starting a new chapter in my life. I want to look good and feel even better. I want to feel comfortable when I go out in public. I don't want to continue avoiding social situations because I feel bad about myself or worried about what people think. Its starting to affect my relationships. Please feel free to add me. We don't have to do it alone :)
  • iluvmycats
    iluvmycats Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to the newbies!
    Also like the others, please feel free to add me!
  • ceajules
    Options
    I have been using this site for awhile first time posting here is my story feel free to add me as a friend

Since January between P90x and Turbofire I have lost 19 inches!!!
    Would would like to do the same?

This is my story

Hello my name is Angel and I am 39 year old former couch potato
    I have struggled with my weight and have tried every fad diet there was and hated working out, I wanted that quick fix. A year ago heavier and out of shape I decided to try P90X however I never changed my diet and 66 days into I gave up I didnt see the results I wanted after that I continued to put on more weight after seeing some pictures of myself I said enough is enough and like everyone else on the planet in January I decided to lose weight and exercise after losing 20lbs through healthy eating I did some walking and other DVDS at home but it just wasn't cutting it. I would see the commercials and I thought I need to try that P90X again and finish it this time! After week one I thought what was I thinking I could barely do the push ups on my knees I hurt everywhere and never thought I would get better or even finish I would see myself in the mirror working out many times I cried. I kept pushing play!!! I got stronger I was bringing it! Push ups well I can bust out 100 right now if you would like :) If I can do this anyone can! I then passed the fit test for Insanity and have been doing that and I hate it and love it all at the same time. I love having muscles I love being strong I love being healthy. I graduated from P90X in August 2012 and I am so proud! and I want to help others so I became coach and began my 2nd workout Turbofire, I was scared at first because I have no coordination but I fell in love with the program and the music and I will see this through to the end 20 weeks :) I finish it before my 40th Birthday in December and I cant wait to start another program, my goal is to do all of them
  • BBSmartypants
    Options
    Hi! Welcome! I just joined last week and it looks like we have a lot in common, as far as losing momentum and ultimately motivation. Keep logging on. Keep communicating. The people here are awesome!
  • ceajules
    Options
    WElcome this is my story

Since January between P90x and Turbofire I have lost 19 inches!!!
    Would would like to do the same?

This is my story

Hello my name is Angel and I am 39 year old former couch potato
    I have struggled with my weight and have tried every fad diet there was and hated working out, I wanted that quick fix. A year ago heavier and out of shape I decided to try P90X however I never changed my diet and 66 days into I gave up I didnt see the results I wanted after that I continued to put on more weight after seeing some pictures of myself I said enough is enough and like everyone else on the planet in January I decided to lose weight and exercise after losing 20lbs through healthy eating I did some walking and other DVDS at home but it just wasn't cutting it. I would see the commercials and I thought I need to try that P90X again and finish it this time! After week one I thought what was I thinking I could barely do the push ups on my knees I hurt everywhere and never thought I would get better or even finish I would see myself in the mirror working out many times I cried. I kept pushing play!!! I got stronger I was bringing it! Push ups well I can bust out 100 right now if you would like :) If I can do this anyone can! I then passed the fit test for Insanity and have been doing that and I hate it and love it all at the same time. I love having muscles I love being strong I love being healthy. I graduated from P90X in August 2012 and I am so proud! and I want to help others so I became coach and began my 2nd workout Turbofire, I was scared at first because I have no coordination but I fell in love with the program and the music and I will see this through to the end 20 weeks :) I finish it before my 40th Birthday in December and I cant wait to start another program, my goal is to do all of them
  • jldwolfsong
    Options
    I'm new as well! i actually joined a few months ago, but i never got around to really joining the community. however i think i may have more incentive to really log in more regularly if i know i have friends on here! so feel free to add me or message me!
    quick bio:
    name: jessica
    why i joined: ive been gaining weight steadily since my freshman year of high school. i know this is normal of course, but i feel like i could safely slim down a bit and get more in shape. I've also had immense difficulty sticking to any kind of diet, so i hope just tracking my calories will prove a better way to finally get on the healthy road!
  • juliesjuke
    juliesjuke Posts: 93 Member
    Options
  • newbernbears
    Options
    Best of luck! This is better than time wasted on facebook!
  • juliesjuke
    juliesjuke Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome aboard.We are all in the same boat. you will get a lot of encouragement and support on this site.
  • SheCanSheWill
    SheCanSheWill Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I hear ya Betticoco, thats just like me.. The motivation wasn't there, however I would say it came back with the amount of 'before and after' pictures I have been looking at, also from talking to a friend on my fitness pal. I think support is everything and sometimes others around us in our daily lives don't understand how much we want to change. So it's fustrating. I too have never really liked the look of my body. I think its slowly changing, and because I believe I will not stop and give up this time.

Please feel free to add me; anyone for that matter. Sticking together works... You'll be happy in the long run. Just one day at a time.