Lean Pockets

Options
If you do any research online, everyone says the Lean Pockets are not good for you. I happen to Love the new Mesquite BBQ Chicken ones with the pretzel bread . With 250 Cal, 4 grams of fat, 1 Saturated & 11 Grams Protein , I think their pretty damn good . Guess their talking bout it being a processed food idk. Had one today with a cup of organic spinach , cherub tomatoes and Table spoon vinegar & EVOO with tablespoon smoked almonds I don't see the big deal. Can anyone elaborate ?

Replies

• elm2008
    elm2008 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    very processed with a ton of funky ingredients, not to mention very high sodium levels.
  • schicksa
    schicksa Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    very processed with a ton of funky ingredients, not to mention very high sodium levels.

Second this.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Rule of thumb - packaged frozen meals are generally over processed and loaded with sodium. But I admit I'm guilty of eating them at times too. So I'm not gonna get all preachy:bigsmile:
  • Tlopez428
    Options
    I eat lean pockets all of the time. I also love the new bbq chicken ones. I think it's ok to have them every now and then. I eat them mostly for lunch if I work late. But they are not healthy for you, I think we all know that. I still eat them and I'm still losing weight.
  • alsunrise
    alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I love the italian meatball one. YUM lol I don't think it hurts every once in a while to indulge in something like that.
  • berryjk
    berryjk Posts: 120
    Options

Second this.

i also agree, but yes we've all been there. They taste good because of all the CRAP in them, but I'm more worried about the sodium. Just make sure to drink plenty of water and it's fine. unless you're scarfing em down like potato chips....then I'd be a bit more concerned
  • davisrl0
    davisrl0 Posts: 93 Member
    Options

Second this.

I third this. Sodium is what I immediately think of with that kind of thing. Sure, maybe it has low cals and fat, but its SO incredibly processed and would not be considered "clean eating". I havent had a hot/lean pocket in very long time. That being said.....I do like them. lol