How often do you weigh/measure yourself?

Options

Replies

• Frozen300
    Frozen300 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Pretty much daily, especially if I've been trying hard with the diet and cardio. I want results, dammit.
  • Toxictwist
    Options
    Measurements: once a month
    Weigh: once a week
  • laurenleighlugo
    Options
    I never measure myself (maybe I should) but I weigh myself every morning after I use the bathroom. Make it a part of your morning routine. Don't get obsessed with it though. If you feel like that's too much try once or twice a week.
  • homeyjosey
    homeyjosey Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Scale once a week and calipers 1-2 a week
  • GabyG69
    GabyG69 Posts: 213
    Options
    I've never measured which I regret now :( and I weigh myself every day but only update it once a week.. I would recommend weighing yourself every 2 weeks just so that u don't go crazy with weight fluctuations.. It's something I should do too because sadly, I am addicted to my scale :/
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday ,but i dont let the weight intimidate me.I understand the scale weight has many other factors contributing to it like
    1.Sodium
    2.Low calorie
    3.Hydration
    4.TOM
    5.Weight lifting
    6.New workout routine
    7.Other hormonal

I just measure every day to observe patterns-i record them on a spreadsheet and take an average of them for the week.compare it previous weeks weight.

Yes, this is me too. I weight every day and the pattern is great to see. You list all those things above to learn about our own bodies.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    First of all, congrats on overcoming your ED and being wary of going back to your 'ways'. That's the best way to never go back there again!

I weigh myself daily but I do know that a lot of things affect daily fluctuations so I don't get too upset if I gain a few pounds. However....I'm trying really hard to accept a SEVEN lb gain from too much sodium and water the last few days. lol I've never had it go that high in one single day.
    I am also recovered from an ED but weighing myself daily isn't one thing I'll give up. Just today I read on fitbie that people who weigh daily, weigh less than those who don't. I think that's because when we KNOW we will weigh more, we don't, then things get out of hand.
    I measure myself once a week and log it in a journal along with my weight for that day. It is an improvement over weighing myself 10 times a day so I'll take it. :)
  • tubaman58
    Options
    Once a week
  • lalaCNSbFS
    Options
    i measure myself once a month:)
  • mrssanderclause
    Options
    I weigh myself a few times a week and get my trainer to do measurements every 90 days, which includes body fat percentage. I have only lost six pounds and went from 22% body fat to 18%. Then I didn't lose any weight and went down to 15.9% body fat. So that tells you that the cardio is burning the fat and all the protein I'm eating is building muscle back. So don't necessarily go by the scale. I can tell when I put on more fat just by looking at myself in the mirror.
  • berryjk
    berryjk Posts: 120
    Options
    i weigh myself every week same day same time and measure once a month same day same time
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Multiple times a day just because it keeps me more focused. I take photos monthly.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Weight and log it every day. Take measurements every Sunday.
  • hellohappylisa
    hellohappylisa Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I don't measure myself actively, maybe once a year or less. I let my clothes tell me I'm smaller. :D As far as weighing, maybe every three weeks. I usually weigh myself 3 days in a row, at the same time, before I've eaten in the morning, to get a consistent read out.
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week, and I do my measurements approximately once a month. That's enough for me. :smile:
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    4-5 times per week
  • tequilasunris3
    Options
    Whenever I visit my boyfriend's parents house. We don't have a scale but they do. Probably a good thing cause I'd probably end up weighing myself every day :)
  • MissySho
    MissySho Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday, but only log it on Saturday mornings. I measure once a month. I also take pictures about once a month.
  • AubreySue81
    AubreySue81 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Monday and I measure once a month. :smile:
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself a few times a week and get my trainer to do measurements every 90 days, which includes body fat percentage. I have only lost six pounds and went from 22% body fat to 18%. Then I didn't lose any weight and went down to 15.9% body fat. So that tells you that the cardio is burning the fat and all the protein I'm eating is building muscle back. So don't necessarily go by the scale. I can tell when I put on more fat just by looking at myself in the mirror.

Wow! I never thought to do it that way. I'm losing "weight" very slowly, but I do see (and so do other people) significant changes in my body. Thanks for the info!