some options to take at work help

Options
What is a good choice for breakfast and lunch on the go? I don't have time to cook in the morning and only have 45 minutes to get out the door as I commute an hour to work. What would be good to eat that is quick and easy? Bagels, Cereal, Smart One breakfast sandwiches?

How about to take to lunch. I get half hour and lunch is at noon. I don't like any seafood or tuna.

What would be good for snacks at work?

Replies

• melliebelly77
    Options
    I do protein shakes every morning to take with me to work and do it for lunch at times also.
    I have been doing salads, or just a smorgasbord of healthy things on my plate. Fruits/veggies/cheese/jerky/etc. I will just bring a bag on Monday and keep at my desk or in the fridge and can last me at least a few days if not all week.
  • Cdn_Dot
    Cdn_Dot Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    HI,
    smoothies in the morning with protein powder, fruit, yogurt and milk. I do an egg cupcake (eggs cheese broccoli, mushrooms) and bake them ahead of time so I just nuke them quick.
    I have had quiche, leftovers from supper, and cold lentil salad with leftover chicken thigh, or breast for lunch.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    If you have access to a fridge at work, hard-boiled eggs are a good thing to keep handy. Boil up a batch every few days ahead of time, and have one on your way out the door and another halfway through the morning.
  • Glamazon511
    Glamazon511 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Last week my husband came home with a 12 count box of Muscle Milk 11.8 oz (Grab and Go size). One day I grabbed one, took it to work, and have been using them ever since. I'm not a "cooker" so this worked out great and leaves me feeling satisfied. The container has 180 calories, 20 grams protein.
  • Menecairiel
    Menecairiel Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    For the winter, I suggest those instant porridge pots you can get, where you just add hot water. I have them at work and they aren't many calories (about 230 on average and very filling!) and they are easy when you are too busy to do anything proper...

Equally, a tuna salad can be made the night before and kept in the fridge. Just grab it and go, very filling and will keep you going!
  • JoleneCooper
    JoleneCooper Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    egg salad and chicken salad can be made the night before. They are great on top of mini rice cakes instead of bread. Progresso also has some great low calorie soups that easy to grab and go.

For breakfast - take a bag of trukey sausage crumbles to work and a container of liquid egg whites. Hungry Girl has a lot of great recipes for this. Just bring a larg bowl/mug and dump in 1/2 cup of eggs and 1 Tbsp of the sausage. Microwave for 2 minutes stirring every 30 seconds. You can even add in a wedge of cow pals or something for cheese.
  • dbratton87
    dbratton87 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    What's porridge?
  • kellymcwest
    kellymcwest Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Egg cupcake?

You just mix and egg with some veggies and cheese and bake? Sounds yummy and simple. I'd probably do peppers and onions myself.

Just one cupcake?
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit, low calorie nutritious cereal and greek nonfat yogurt is quick and balanced.
    I drink coffee on my commute if I dont have enough time

For lunch:
    Salad with nuts, seeds, beans, cheese or something for protein
    Fruit
    Roll

Soup is good if you have a microwave at work. I make a big pot and just grab some for work.
  • kellymcwest
    kellymcwest Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hate tuna yuck
  • MichelleLaree13
    Options
    What's porridge?

It is a hot cereal. In the US, we normally do oatmeal.
  • ksemien
    ksemien Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I agree with the boiled eggs and protein shakes. I boil probably about a half dozen eggs at a time...breakfast, lunch, salads, etc. For lunch and dinner, my schedule usually allows me to only cook on Sundays/Mondays, so I cook everything in those two days, prepare/measure, weigh, separate, freeze/refrigerate and then grab and go throughout the week. Best Wishes!
  • LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Breakfast--a popeye smoothie--greek yogurt some diet tea(or water), raw spinach, frozen fresh pineapple, strawberries and or banana.

Or some greek yogurt, or almonds, and apple.

Lunch, tuna in a pouch with a salad--lettuce, tomatoes, red bell pepper, carrots, or what you like, a little red wine vinegar on top and a little olive oil.

If not tuna, cook some chicken breasts on the weekend, and bring them with you for lunch during the week.

Or some organic peanut butter and an apple or peanut butter with a fiber one bar.

Try to think ahead, and bring things to work that are easy for you to nibble on.
  • MichelleLaree13
    Options
    For snacks, I try things like grapes, carrot sticks, mini bell peppers... easy and not messy.
  • rvagnoni
    rvagnoni Posts: 75 Member
    Options