TOM question

Options
How much weight do you normally gain during TOM? When do you notice the weight gain (like first day, middle, end, etc)? It's my TOM, and I gained 0.8 pounds since Thursday. I'm just curious if that falls within the normal range, or (hopefully I really lost some weight but am bloated, etc so it makes it *appear* as if I gained).

Replies

• MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Yep - totally normal. I can gain 3 - 5 lbs. Not fun! I notice when I'm eating fairly clean and exercising, I don't gain as much.
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    I can gain 1-5 pounds during my TOM. I am going through it now and am up 2 since thursday so .08 does not sound bad to me. It is probably water weight and will drop off quickly mine always does. I usually gain the most during my period and lose it within a couple of days after.
  • starcrossed
    Options
    Amen sister... amen. One of the joys of being a women... that once a month weight gain. :noway: I can gain almost 8 pounds if I'm not careful with my sodium intake the week prior. Drink plenty of water and exercise even through the cramps and it'll get easier. Keep up the great work!
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    I can gain 1-5 pounds during my TOM. I am going through it now and am up 2 since thursday so .08 does not sound bad to me. It is probably water weight and will drop off quickly mine always does. I usually gain the most during my period and lose it within a couple of days after.

Ditto for me!
  • Heather_b1986
    Heather_b1986 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    hey i notice i get bloated bout 2-3 days before and can gain up to 5lbs in water weight, i dont worry bout it tho cos it disappears a few days later and i get a nice boost on the scales agen :smile:
  • splooshcar
    Options
    I gained up to 4lbs last month.
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    Last week I was up 4 pounds the day before and day 1, I watched my sodium and didnt skimp on my exercise and I was back down the 4 by Day 3...then as the week wound up my weigh in for the week was down 1.5....
    Last month I was up 6 pounds for 1 day....crazy being a woman....
  • guamchar
    guamchar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks. It does make me feel better to know some others are in my shoes.
  • tobebetter
    Options
    I normally gain a week before TOM's visit, anywhere from 3-8lbs. I get use to it already. :cry: