Cleanse...

stacyoct19
stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Who's done one? Do they work? Is it all in your head?

I did a pill form by Hydroxycut once and couldn't tell a difference in how I felt or anything... Just curious!

Replies

• stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    I've always wanted to try this but (not to sound gross), I am really regular in the poop department so I was afraid I would mess up my system.. Oprah is all about the good poop LOL

I would like to hear from anyone who has tried this too!
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    I for one have alot of problems in that department(poop). i have taken some of them cleanse pills and i see no different i would love to be regular that is just not in my genes.
  • gmr0279
    gmr0279 Posts: 4 Member
    I to have wanted to try a cleanser but have been to afraid. To be honest since I started my weight loss journey Jan 2 I have been drinking water, water, water and i wasn't a fan of water and it seems to be flushing me out just fine ;-)
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    I have found that the Jillian Michaels Detox is great..more energy and my stomach fells so much better, I have also increased my fiber intake..it has been working well.. You are only to do this detox every 3 to 4 months and I will do it for sure...I just feel so much better...you can get this at walmart for 19.97.. you take 2 pills in morning and then 2 in the evening for 7 days and then you have 1 replunish pill that you take for 7 day...I belive in the 100% percent..
  • I did the Master Cleanse for 11 days and another vegetable juice cleanse for 7 days. They both made me lose water weight and I gained it all back due to mad cravings when I stopped because I didn't make any lifestyle changes like going strict vegan, although I am vegetarian. Cleansing/juicing makes me crabby because I'm hungry all the time and the process seems so laborious. I've never done a cleanse in pill form but I have tried the 'Get Regular' Yogi tea and Dieter's Tea.

Senna tea is gentle and performs better than dulcolax in my experience to restore regularity. The Master Cleanse makes you poop about a million times a day, the vegetable cleanse just once or twice. I avoid enemas and colonics.

I cleansed mainly to lose weight fast and to rid mself of toxins but now that I'm eating healthy again according to the food pyramid, I feel better, have lost weight and am back on a regular schedule so I don't need any help anymore. Plus I guess I don't really feel that toxic - I don't have major medical issues on a cellular level that prohibit my daily activities or send me to the doctor. And unless there are major issues, I let the GI tract work its own magic. I'll probably stay away from cleanses from now on but it may be something that's good to experience once...
  • indiankel
    indiankel Posts: 163 Member
    I have always had problems in this area...not regular at all. I heard about an herb from Dr. Schulze (the herb Dr.) its called formula 1 they also have gformula 2 and super foods etc.... I take this pill about every other day and am pretty regular now. I guess it is suppose to get rid of all the "stuff" that is stuck in there...ugh....lol
This discussion has been closed.