scale doesn't budge!

Options
Ok, I've lost 40lb total since joining this website, averaging 1-2 lb a week. Now the last 2 weeks I haven't lost any weight...in fact I'm up 1.5.lb today from last week. I have monitored my food precisely, as I have from the beginning, and I have been exercising regularly, in fact even walking more than usual since the weather has gotten warmer. Any suggestions?

Replies

• genma1987
    genma1987 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Ok, I've lost 40lb total since joining this website, averaging 1-2 lb a week. Now the last 2 weeks I haven't lost any weight...in fact I'm up 1.5.lb today from last week. I have monitored my food precisely, as I have from the beginning, and I have been exercising regularly, in fact even walking more than usual since the weather has gotten warmer. Any suggestions?
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Gosh that is frustrating!

Have you renegotiated your goals?

Maybe try lowering your activity level a notch?

Maybe over estimating your exercise (now your 40lbs lighter, you wont be using the same number of calories to walk/run).

Only some ideas!

You gotta stick with it. As pounds come off, they get a little tougher!
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Reread this post on expectations by Banks. It is motivating, but also telling. Hang in there.

expectations">http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations
  • amy_ryan
    amy_ryan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I agree - definitely read Banks' post! I had 10 pounds to lose (or maybe even less, as I may end up tempering my expectations). Every pound continues to be a battle. It takes me several weeks to lose one pound, if I am lucky. Since I already exercise regularly, I am starting to eat a little more, to see if that helps. Whether you are close to your goal weight, or have just hit a plateau, you'll get through it. (I am telling myself this too!). Good luck! You should be very proud of what you have achieved so far. :flowerforyou:
  • genma1987
    genma1987 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks! That was really good. It makes me realize some things, one of them being even though I haven't lost weight on the scale, my jeans have been feeling a little bit loose lately.
  • jenndf
    jenndf Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    God, do I understand how you feel!!! I have been agonizing over the past month as to why I cannot get my scale to stop fluctuating between the 7 - 10lbs. lost mark. But after reading Bank's "Expectations" post, I realize I am not going to be in this rut forever. I can see a little difference in how my clothes fit so that is making me feel better.
    Hang in there!
    :flowerforyou:
  • SunnyInBuffalo
    Options
    Read the Banks information. It really helps. I was even using it to motivate my walking partner this AM. I was at the same weight for 3 weeks until today. ....following all the rules....In some ways you need to really trust in that you are doing the healthy and right thing for your body. Your body will respond. It just does it in stages. The stages can't happen unless you stay steady and healthy. Hang in there!!!!

:flowerforyou: