Les Mills Pump or Body Beast?

Options
Hey, my friend and I are trying to decide which program to do next. We both have a little weight to lose so we'd like to shed some pounds and/or inches. Les Mills Pump is lower weight, higher reps whereas Body Beast is higher weight, lower reps. Is one program better than another with the goals we have in mind?

Thanks for any input!

Replies

• earlyxer
    earlyxer Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    More is always better, IMO - Body Beast.
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started Les Mills after Insanity and am completely happy with it. I do mix Insanity upper body weight training and Insane abs in with the program though, because I always liked those workouts…

Feel free to add me :)
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response guys :) One for Body Beast and one for LMP. Any one else have any thoughts? :smile:
  • wazzanz
    Options
    I do body pump twice a week. Great results in terms of body shape and strength and mix it up with other cardio.

The other great thing is it is low impact so if you have dodgy joints and not want to run you can mix it up and perhaps go a little lighter on those joints that playing up.

I used to run and do free weights about 5 years ago with a personal trainer. Great results in terms of muscle but would walk around like a cripple some times with bad hips and stiff back.

Once I get the spare tyre down a bit more and hit low 90kgs will move back into free weights.

You can't beat pump to shift the weight and build muscle over your body in a quick time. If was only going to do one exercise this would be it.
  • SouffleBoy
    SouffleBoy Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hey, my friend and I are trying to decide which program to do next. We both have a little weight to lose so we'd like to shed some pounds and/or inches. Les Mills Pump is lower weight, higher reps whereas Body Beast is higher weight, lower reps. Is one program better than another with the goals we have in mind?

Thanks for any input!

Both. Body beast could count as strength training & Body pump definitely counts as cardiovascular exercise. You want to do both when your losing weight and inches.
  • ceajules
    Options
    I am going to do Body Beast next cant wait
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Neither. Body Beast is not a good lifting routine for a novice or even intermediate lifter. Check the link below. I recommend the Allpro's beginner routine linked there. Also a newer link to it with an FAQ is below.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/686963-large-collection-of-info-for-beginners

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147447933
  • cbrake
    cbrake Posts: 5
    Options
    I am a little late on this one, but if you haven't made a decision I would suggest Les Mills Pump. Based off of your description of what you desire out of a workout, I would choose LMP.
  • jennyerkes
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Body Pump class! I have been faithful for a year and a half and never gets boring! I have had awesome results! You can make it your own workout as well! Add more weight whenever you are ready! Good luck! I am sure either one you would love!
  • scriehl
    scriehl Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried Body Beast yet but I've been taking Bodypump classes for almost 2 years at least twice a week. I love it because you can go as light or as heavy as you want. Hurts so good! :)